Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Been busy....but here's a pic or two

rsmith

The problem with the one with all the points is I am almost positive he is only 3. And once he sheds his velvet he is going to be super spindly. Where the 9 point is at least 4.5....I'm positive of that
Now after a second evaluation I do see what you are talking about, that 9 and that 10 both look like some good deer.

Kaiser878

ohio
I'm a very worry some person when it comes to deer. Its my own fault. But I sit and stew about finding a deer to shoot. I've put way to much pressure on myself. Its actually quite silly and when I sit and think about it I realize how silly it really is..... but I guess its just how I am. Plus the properties that were once my bread and butters and slowly fizzing out, for about 4 years now. I'm to the point of not really hunting them. Its just not worth the bullshit from the neighbors. So that's probably my biggest hang up. Just tired of dealing with the deer hunting bullshit. Seems everyone and their brother is a deer hunter these days. And about 20% of them put the correct effort in, the rest booger things up. Its just not as much fun as it used to be.

rsmith

I'm a very worry some person when it comes to deer. Its my own fault. But I sit and stew about finding a deer to shoot. I've put way to much pressure on myself. Its actually quite silly and when I sit and think about it I realize how silly it really is..... but I guess its just how I am. Plus the properties that were once my bread and butters and slowly fizzing out, for about 4 years now. I'm to the point of not really hunting them. Its just not worth the bullshit from the neighbors. So that's probably my biggest hang up. Just tired of dealing with the deer hunting bullshit. Seems everyone and their brother is a deer hunter these days. And about 20% of them put the correct effort in, the rest booger things up. Its just not as much fun as it used to be.
I hear you on that one, my neighbors think it's a good idea to poach and get up in my stand and "scout" deer with their crossbows in hand WAY out of season like middle of spring. It's annoying quite frankly, also all the stupid stuff that people do that don't really know what they are doing bugs me. I am not one to talk I have only hunted or 2 years but I have practice shooting for 2 before that so that when I was ready to hunt I would know how to shoot. Also I do a lot of research and ask a lot of questions to learn the right way from you guys that know what they're doing. I do hope everything goes well though it will all work out in the end just hang in there.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Don't bank on the lack of interest staying. It's happened to me before and I was scrambling around come crunch time. A wise man would go through the motions and be ready regardless. Those are some dandy buck pics Zach.....The flames may not be high as you'd like....but they are still there somewhere...Good Luck!

Kaiser878

ohio
Kinda confused rt now...just checked the cam that had been showing all the bucks and I had a 1/3 of the photos as normal and only 2 of the four bucks had been there in 6 days..... of the bucks that did show, they were only there like 3 times.....which is odd.... someone must have been in there fiddling around....thats the only thing I can think

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Kinda confused rt now...just checked the cam that had been showing all the bucks and I had a 1/3 of the photos as normal and only 2 of the four bucks had been there in 6 days..... of the bucks that did show, they were only there like 3 times.....which is odd.... someone must have been in there fiddling around....thats the only thing I can think

Sometimes they just bounce for a bit. Usually a week or so at a time. I've had pics for a month of bucks visiting everyday. Then they don't show up one week. Go check another cam a mile away and there they are the whole week. Next week they're back at the old cam. Sometimes they just go on vacation somewhere else.

Kaiser878

ohio
Couple new deer on a diff farm. Still no dice. Good to see em though
uploadfromtaptalk1408841195729.jpguploadfromtaptalk1408841211620.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408841239548.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408841239548.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Don't overanalyze it and worry too much Zach the deer will be there so just get out and enjoy the hunt when you can.. you will have a lot more fun if you just relax and take it all in. Nice pics also.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Lot of great deer! Whatever you're doing in those areas is working. If these aren't your liking I can't imagine what you're looking for, but these will be nice to see from the stand while you're waiting for that trigger tripper!

rsmith

those are some nice looking bucks, the last one looks like he should have a wide load sticker in between his rack!

Still some dandies. Make sure you get out this fall no matter how you are feeling about the desire to shoot one. You need that time sitting in a stand as the sun comes up to remind you of what brought you to this thing called bowhunting. It will be there when you hear the first twig snap or catch movement and realize it's a good buck. For me it's where I regain my sanity for the year..... Don't miss out on it!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Nice bucks man! Try to enjoy it man, just a hobby no point in worrying all the time about deer.

PS. I am exactly the same as you when it comes to it, constantly worrying, and over thinking it. I killed a lot smaller bucks than you have too!