Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Customizing my Summit Viper SD

Treed

Stark County
photo (1).JPGphoto.JPG

I bought a Summit Viper SD a couple years ago and boy oh boy, was the paint bad for that particular production run. After a few uses, it was chipping everywhere and after a couple years, there were big spots of bare aluminum so I decided to throw a wire brush on a 4" grinder and finish the job then repaint it. I figured I'd go ahead and get the Molle II Straps and foot rest as well. Right now, the Molle harness is tied in to the frame with the straps that came with it but I'll more than likely drill it and secure it with hardware and eliminate all the straps all together. I just wanted to see where it needed to be and how it felt so I tied it all in temporarily. I'll be doing the same with the top section this weekend. With this and the Hazmore seat it should come out pretty nice.

I'll post pics of both halves when it's done.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I like it! My Summit chipped like that too. I bitched and they send me a can of spray paint and a pack of Summit skins.

Treed

Stark County
photo 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto (1).JPGphoto 1 (1).JPG

Hard mounted with 1 inch stainless steel screws, with 3 washers, a lock washer and a nylon lock nut on each. I used a bigger washer on top of the platform, then sandwiched the Molle Harness between two smaller washers on the back side then I threw a lock washer and nylon lock nut on top of those just to be sure nothing was going to go anywhere without hand or power tools being involved.

The harness was bright and stuck out like a sore thumb so I went over it lightly with the remaining paint. In a couple days, the paint smell was gone.

The bottom looks much the same. I painted the frame the same way but it has a Hazmore seat instead of the factory Summit seat and I added a bow holder and stabilizer straps from Third Hand. I took a pic of it today but I think one of my kids deleted it! lol