Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Box Stand Nearing Completion

My buddy and I erected this stand in May for him to hunt out of at my property. A bit big for my taste, but he likes it. Still needs two small viewing windows on the sides and a better camo job. He will put in the windows next weekend and repaint the stand next year.

Attachments

• jeffstand4.jpg
    jeffstand4.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 78
  • jeffsstand3.jpg
    jeffsstand3.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 65
  • jeffsstand2.jpg
    jeffsstand2.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 79
  • jeffsstand1.jpg
    jeffsstand1.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 69

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The deer never even looked at mine. But mine was 12' high. Brush it in some and go for it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Heck, the deer will be used to it in a couple of weeks. Looks great! Hopefully you fellas will stack 'em out of it!

Thanks for the compliments. I only plan to hunt turkey from this stand next spring. But, I may deer hunt out of it a time or two this season. My outhouse stand was in this exact location from 2008 thru 2010. I shot a few does there and passed a very nice 8 point that I should have taken. He came by the evening of the first day of archery season in 09. I just knew I'd see a bigger buck by the end of the season, wrong again.

Lundy

Looks very nice.

As someone that has 7 box blinds like that on the property I hunt, many of them also being mobile, the resident deer won't pay much attention to it in just few days.