Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gander Mountain

Treed

Stark County
These guys are friggin ridiculous. I bought a bow case from them a few months ago and one of the hinges is coming apart. Their return policy is ninety days, the manufacturers warranty is a year. I called Gander and told them about the situation, some smart ass manager who sounded all of 22 years old, and that I was a few days past their return policy. He says I have to ship the thing to the manufacturer because it can't be returned now. If they took it back, they would have to eat the cost. Yes, it can be returned and no you wouldn't have to eat a dime! The ninety day policy is Gander Mountains, not the manufacturers. If this had happened two weeks ago, we would be doing an exchange and I would be out the door. If your warranty period was 120 days instead of ninety, it would be the same situation. So, I'm left with shipping the thing to Indiana or some damn place, on my dime, because some little automaton couldn't make a decision based on doing the right friggin thing. People piss me off. I was never big on the place to begin with, they're high priced and sales people aren't very useful, but this pretty much does it for me. Fugg Gander Mountain, the place just sucks. Yeah, I said it.
Rant concluded.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
That sucks. No one has good customer service anymore. Give me the name of a big company and they've probably pissed me off at some point.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If only they were all like cabelas. Cabelas will take damn near anything back! That being said, I don't really fault Gander... It's not they're bow case, it's the manufacturer's. Contact the manufacturer. 90 days is 90 days.

Treed

Stark County
If only they were all like cabelas. Cabelas will take damn near anything back! That being said, I don't really fault Gander... It's not they're bow case, it's the manufacturer's. Contact the manufacturer. 90 days is 90 days.

Yeah, I get that. The thing that really pissed me off was his complete bullshit excuse. Like I said, if their in store policy was say four or six months, it wouldn't be a problem. He knows damn well this is the case, or at least he should if he manages a retail store. The manufacturer warranties the product for a year and in their warranty explicitly says to try to resolve the situation with the retailer before requesting an RMA. If the retailer had done an exchange, they would be reimbursed for the damaged case beings as how were well within the warranty period. It's the principal of the matter. I don't like being lied to and if you are going to try to bullshit me, at least be good at it and have something that sounds legitimate. A six year old could see through this idiots reasoning.

Last edited:

Flathead76

Athens
Thats ridiculous. That places has very proud prices. You should have bought the identical case. Then wait a week and return the old one with your latest sales slip. What the big deal over a couple of days. Definately not worth losing a customer over.

Treed

Stark County
Thats ridiculous. That places has very proud prices. You should have bought the identical case. Then wait a week and return the old one with your latest sales slip. What the big deal over a couple of days. Definately not worth losing a customer over.

lol....I went and bought another one today for that exact purpose.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
lol....I went and bought another one today for that exact purpose.

Next thing your gonna tell me is people buying fishing reels for tough river conditions and swapping the guts out of them after a year and returning them for a refund. "A guy I know" used to do that when he was a single, low income earning youth:smiley_coolpeace: