Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Columbus Area

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I will be living in columbus monday through thursday for school this entire deer season. Does anyone have any land they want to give me permission to bowhunt on for those evenings? Ill only shoot the biggest mature buck and a few doe. I wont be hunting at home at all because I work the days i am not at school.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
concentrate on school, not chasing tails!! lol...good luck on your search, I hear there are some 200" bucks in that area somewhere, a guy with the last name Esker's (I believe) might be able to help you out. Or just look for the helicopter in the sky after the season starts.

Huckleberry Finn

10-15 minutes from campus hardly puts you outside of 270.

Good luck, I haven't figured it out yet. I just make the hour drive home.

Strother23

Columbus, OH
Get on the ODNR website and look at the public hunting area in the central Ohio area if you can't find private property. There are state parks that allow hunting not far outside of 270. Or even look into "urban" hunts where you have to enter/qualify to hunt the deer in certain areas. Good luck

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I've talked to a couple people that hunt Alum Creek and they seem to like it. Haven't heard of any big deer taken but they do see deer. I don't know all the details but I think my cousin takes a canoe to where he hunts? Sounds cool if there's deer!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
I've heard good things about Derby Creek park. Could be an other option. You'll have to scout out both places and make a choice on deer sign and how it all looks. I've actually thought about hunting Derby Creek myself but have procrastinated scouting there.

Mushijobah

I'd def hit Darby or Alum. There's bow only sections of Alum I think. The more of an obscure area you hunt, the better. Also some good land at Darby for bow season. Just don't hunt where everyone else hunts and you'll do OK! Lots of nice bucks in this Urban area. I've been lucky enough to tag a few of them.