Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Potential.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This young bucks got it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406835278.345527.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406835302.572357.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
WOWZERS JOE!!!!! That first one has 200" potential written all over him if he gets through another couple years!!! The other one is nice too but the first one....DANG!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Both those bucks are bigger then anything I have around here lol. Can I get a guided hunt with you lmao

Of course the first 130" buck walks by neither of us would be allowed to hunt there anymore so I might just drool over pics instead lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That first buck is unreal. Now is that real potential or "damn, I should have shot that one" potential? lmao

Real potential. Both of these bucks are really young. Last year was hard on deer around my area. The neighbors grandson shot the wide 10 at as a 6 year old buck. He needed killed and was going downhill for two years. He peaked at 4.5 as a mid 150s 10. Then I bet he lost 20 inches over the next two years. So no real potential loss there. The landowners wife gave her boss permission to hunt an he shot a 157 I passed opening day that might have had potential as a 5 year old but it's doubtful. As you know I passed him thinking he was a different deer that was younger and had potential due to age. Then Doug shot a good 6.5 year old that was at max potential. All of those deer were shot at or past max potential so that's not a problem. The only problem I can see is those other two guys will be back this year. They both shot good bucks so it's doubtful they'll hunt elsewhere this year and I'm not sure either care about potential. Time will tell. The good news is the guy who was allowed to hunt the primo property next door, where most of these buck go come rut, got busted by the landowner selling hunts and got kicked out. That should offer a good safety zone for many more to reach age potential than in the past.