Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's Cam Pics 2014

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went out scouting tonight. Heading to the high point of the crack pasture, there were two bucks and three doe bedded in the middle of the field.
This guys was the biggest. I'm pretty sure it's not the one on camera.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406773578.643363.jpg

As my dad and I are watching them, a coyote pops out of the woods line at 40 yards and just stands there looking at the deer, then us, back and forth. He turns and faces us and starts walking our way. We are leaning against a hay bale. No gun :(

He then freezes, and trots down the hill to the deer, leaps on top of a bale, and sits. Then he lays down looking at us. I started lip squeaking and he's turning his head to the side like a house dog does when they hear a noise.

The bigger buck starts prancing around him. Seemed to be trying to run him off. The yote, after ten minutes of chilling, jumps down and trots after the deer. He then gets to another bale and leaps up on it. He watches the deer disappear over the rise, gets down, and sneaks along a fence row trying to cut them off. Then they all moved out of view.

Later on we saw the same deer again so the yote must've given up.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406773881.848092.jpg

rsmith

That must of been pretty cool to see! Wish you had your gun though don't want those guys being around. Very cool though!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's so wild dude. Not something many people get to witness. Probably better to have had a camera and no rifle just this one time! Bust his ass next time!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool encounter Mike! Hope the yote shows back up so's you can give him a what for!(sorry, its Andy Griffith speak)lol