Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's Cam Pics 2014

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A few more prospects for the boys.
Here's one from the crack pasture.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410399262.461044.jpg

Here's one with velvet and then a few days later without.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410399288.892555.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410399296.861769.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It has been an uneventful camera season for me until recently. For the last week or so I've been getting pics of a decent 10 point that got my interest back up. He's been coming in pretty regular late in the evening and now the last two mornings he has been coming in around 9:30.
Check out these two pics and the dates and times. Two different days, almost identical pics.
(forgive the angle of the camera... coons were climbing on it)
10 Day 1.jpg

10 Day 2.jpg

That 10 had been the biggest until this guy showed up... He looks like a pretty mature deer and there is no doubt I'd fling an arrow at him. Wish he didn't have a few busted tines on him, but there is no way I can let him walk at this stage of the game.

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0073.jpg

PICT0078.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's something pretty neat. Call me crazy. It's ok.

Back in 2002 on this same property, 50 yards from where the camera is now, I shot a buck that was injured. He was carrying his front leg and had a goofy rack on one side but was solid on the other. If he wasn't carrying his front leg he would've gotten a pass, but he was hurt bad. Busted up shoulder from a slug.

Anyway, as I looked at this new buck I kept thinking he looked similar to the one I shot.
Comparing the brows and main beam, I think I shot great grandpa.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420134280.276926.jpg

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck Cotty! I just go some daylight pics of a decent buck but he's a little busted up. I'll still shoot at him if given the chance. Lol.