Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cva or tc

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Next they will have a ML with a decocker...ugh.

If you like the extra "safety" I am not beating you up about it. Just think it is a little TOO extra.

Beentown

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Next they will have a ML with a decocker...ugh.

If you like the extra "safety" I am not beating you up about it. Just think it is a little TOO extra.Beentown

That's why we're all so unique and special, but not in a short bus... kinda way...... Dang kids...... rotflmao

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That's why we're all so unique and special, but not in a short bus... kinda way...... Dang kids...... rotflmao

Funny thing is that my Dad is a safety freak. He likes safeties on all his guns (carry gun included) and he doesn't carry with one in the chamber. I tell him he is crazy and why. I am starting to break him of the "safety" habit.

I will not carry a gin with a safety. If it has one it will be a DA/SA and I will keep the safety off and first shot will be a long/heavier DA pull.

Sorry for the derail,

Beentown

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
If you carry something like a 1911 you need to practice a LOT and then practice some more. And always where you release the safety just before you fire. I know a cop that carried a 1911, he shot it a ton. The day he finally needed it he fumbled with the safety. He now carries a DAO.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you carry something like a 1911 you need to practice a LOT and then practice some more. And always where you release the safety just before you fire. I know a cop that carried a 1911, he shot it a ton. The day he finally needed it he fumbled with the safety. He now carries a DAO.

????

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Fine motor skills suck when the pressure is high. I carry two guns that have a safety. 92fs and CZ82 and both are carried chambered, safety off, first shot long/heavier DA. My other two (primary) the PM9 and XD9 are pull the trigger and the gun fires.

Sorry for the extended de-rail,

Beentown

P.S. I have had many Muzzies over the years and my T/C Thunderhawk is my go to. I just love it.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
DAO... A double action only gun like a Glock. Pulling the drigger pulls back the hammer (or striker) and then allows it to drop. It is a longer/heavier trigger than lets say a 1911 with hammer cocked. In a single action gun the pulling of the trigger releases the hammer (or striker) with usually much less force because there is no tension from cocking on the trigger. That isn't the best answer but I need a nap.

Beentown

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Double Action Only

I'm thinking of using my Renegade for ML season this year. (just to not completely Hijack Kat's thread)

Got it, the acronym didn't look familiar... My buddy bought a TC last year but hasn't killed anything other than paper with it.... But now my Knight that's a differant story..... Two safeties and all lol....

You won't be disappointed in the CVA Mark. I've owned three of them and all three were great guns. My current set-up is a tack driver when using 100 grain of Triple 7 pellets, 270 grain Powerbelt Platinum bullets, and Remington Kleen Bore primers. And yes, I think primers can make a difference in the accuracy equation. With the new Accura having the quick release breech, you get a great gun with some great features without paying an inflated MRSP to cover the pimpage. (i.e. Bone Collector BS) I've put my faith in CVA three times and I'm about to do it a fourth and as you can see, I put some thought in to where my money goes. Maybe TOO much!

thats all i ever hunted with was cva's , started out with the bobcat , moved up to the buckhorn , then the kodiak , then a optima elite , sold em cause of wife loosing job took few years off and i baught this traditions , nice lil gun but doesnt feel right to me , just something bout it i dont like , when my wife told me she would buy me a ml of my choice if i gave her my traditions i instantly started my research , the more i research the more im leaning to the cva accura v2

them cva bobcats are a blast to shoot