Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tis' the season!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Finally got some time to myself tonight and shot some 3d targets. Me and the new peep are going to get along just fine. Shot very well and being able to focus really helps. Go figure right?!?!
Coming to grips with issues was a long road but feelings much better at the moment.

Finally got some time to myself tonight and shot some 3d targets. Me and the new peep are going to get along just fine. Shot very well and being able to focus really helps. Go figure right?!?!
Coming to grips with issues was a long road but feelings much better at the moment.

What ended up being your set-up then for fixing your sight issues Milo? I'm thinking I will struggle some this season and maybe next year I will make some changes.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Like usual, I thought I was good to go until yesterday. Couldn't get my broadheads to land right, they scattered like crazy. Simple fix really. The Mathews drop away is impossible to get good clearance with, so I stuck a trusty trophy taker on this morning. They are flying like darts now. Its go time, and it just wouldn't feel right if I didn't have a last minute issue each year.

NEOhunter

I was feeling good until Saturday night when I tried to sight in my broadheads. I was shooting great with my field points out to 30 yards so I thought this will be easy to get the broadheads sighted in. So put my target out and mark off 20 yards, with my mother-in-laws old barn as the backgrond. 1st shot I hit the barn and loose a broadhead to the barn. I get another one out and move to 15 yards, same results. I'm getting irrated at this point. I put an old broadhead on and hit the target perfect. When pulling it out a blade breaks off in the bag. :tantrum: So now I'm mad. I'm out of broadheads now and more upset that I can't hit my target from 15 yards. when I get home I find an extra broadhead and planned on trying again tomorrow, which was yesterday. Get to my MIL's and set the target up at 10 but behind a dirt mound. 1st and 2nd shot perfect. move back to 20 yards make 2 good shots. move to 30 still good. So now I'm ready. Can't figure out what was wrong on Saturday, because Sunday was perfect with the same broadhead.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Barronett Big Mike on the right and Grounder 350 on the left. Little behind on getting these out, but they'll work out just fine!

uploadfromtaptalk1411502524533.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've got three set ups completely ready for Saturday, we'll be hunting 2 of them for sure :). My bow is squared away perfectly, Mason's bow is ready for Saturday morning and his crossbow is ready for Saturday evening. Just a shade over 3 days to go!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Taking the day of tomorrow. Going to do a couple last minute things on my ground blind, wash and smoke my clothes, shoot a few arrows, go check the other camera and then I will be as ready as I'm gonna get. I may go to the one property Saturday morning and sit on the ground just for the hell of it and then I will be in my blind behind the house from mid day until dark or until I kill a doe. Absolutely thrilled the wait is almost over.

PSE13

Shelby
Not sure if I'm going to make it opener now. I ha e come across a cold almost like a flu. Its kicking my butt right now but I'm trying too fight it away!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
We'll I decide to shoot some a little bit ago just to double check all arrow/broadheads are fly good. On my 2nd arrow I robin hooded myself using practice broadheads. It's nice to know I'm shooting that tight of a group but I'm angry now because it tore up my arrow and broke the lighted nock. So now I'm short a arrow/lighted nock. Might run to the local archery store to see if the sell singles to replace what I broke.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
We'll I decide to shoot some a little bit ago just to double check all arrow/broadheads are fly good. On my 2nd arrow I robin hooded myself using practice broadheads. It's nice to know I'm shooting that tight of a group but I'm angry now because it tore up my arrow and broke the lighted nock. So now I'm short a arrow/lighted nock. Might run to the local archery store to see if the sell singles to replace what I broke.

Nice shootin' but that sucks!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Cotty did that to me at 50 yards last weekend. Dead nutted the bullseye. A couple arrows later and I hear that dreaded sound. Sure a shit, arrow and lighted nock done for!