Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Venison Pumpkin Curry

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
as requested by huntn2

Ingredients
1 lb. venison, cut into 2-inch cubes
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground corlander seed
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 large tomatoes, peeled and seed (I used canned diced)
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
3 garlic cloves, minced
8 oz. diced pumpkin (or other winter squash, I used Acorn)
1 habanero chile, seeded and diced (I used a teaspoon of ground habanero, Ghost and Butch T for that big pot)
3⁄4 cup chicken stock
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions
1. Put the cubed venison in a large bowl along with the curry powder, allspice, coriander, and generous doses of salt and pepper. Mix well to combine the spices and to coat the meat. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour (preferably longer).

2. Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil. When the oil is just beginning to smoke, add the venison and cook until well browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.

3. Add the onion, tomatoes, and tomato paste, and continue to cook, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until the onions are limp. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the pumpkin, chile (if using), and chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently for 2 hours or more, or until the meat is very tender. Stir in the cilantro and serve with lots of rice. Serves 4.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Might as well throw in a tub of Vaseline for your balloon know cause you'll need it when this stuff comes out the back door! :smiley_crazy:

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Might as well throw in a tub of Vaseline for your balloon know cause you'll need it when this stuff comes out the back door! :smiley_crazy:
I am hoping this post has an autocorrect error in it....otherwise I dunno if I am scared or intrigued.

Recipe sounds good though.