Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cypress Hill

joejoe8

It amazes me how much he has change in the last 2 years. As a 3 year old he was all over my camera's, an a few close encounters with him. Last year no encounter an only a few night time pics, other than late season. My plan is to hunt all area him with out over hunting one stand an hope I get lucky.

joejoe8

Well the story with this buck came to a end on Nov 12. I had 3 encounters with him this year, 2 of them were inside 30y. Both times not enough light to take a shot, the other time never got inside of 60y. I could of killed he with a gun all 3 times easy, but haven't hunted deer with a gun in the last 7 years. He was missed by one of our members on Oct. 31 with a rifle. I was getting lots of day time pix, so I knew it was only a matter of time before he was killed. I knew when I left for my 10 day Ohio rut hunt that he would most likely be killed while I was gone. Well he was, by a 80yr man that comes down an bear hunts our lease sometimes. He was not seeing any bear so he ask could he sit somewhere an maybe shoot a doe with his pistol. He was put in one of our stands that never gets hunted because its not in a great spot. lol guess who walks out! IMG_0074.jpgIMG_0076.jpg Congrats to Mr. Land, hope I'm hunting at 80.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
What a stud! At least you know how he died. The worst is having all that history and no ending. Got several of those and it really sticks in your crawl. Congrats to the old timer on the deer of a lifetime!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang that deer had mass!!! What a great deer as well! Sorry to hear he didn't fall by your hands but we've all been there before. Like said before, remember the chase and take some comfort he was taken legally and by someone who still has that passion at such a ripe age.
Still a lot of season left and good luck the remainder of the season.