Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

teenbowhunter's trail cam pics 2014-2015

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Shooters on every cam! Checked four out of five cams today.

Scrape on trail:

Food plot:

I'd leave the cameras alone til gun season if I were you. You got more potential targets than most guys have. Photos are great, but a deer in your hands is better. If you have a place that a couple of those mowed trails intersect that is where I would set up. I'd set up the same place every time until one came by as long as the wind was right. IMO jumping from one spot to another just ups the odds of being in the wrong spot.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
I have had cams up since August (just 2) and I only have 3-4 shooters and only 1 picture of a shooter in daylight. You got some nice spots for sure.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thanks guys, I wish I could hunt the same spots on the mowed trails but the best spots already have someone's stand except the spot I hunted yesterday. I can only hunt where someone else isn't. The problem with that spot is the best wind would really be out of the east. It is an awesome pinch point as the does avoid the mowed trails as much as possible except right there. As far as checking cams I try to leave the ones I can't reach by car alone. The LO drives all over the place so the deer don't really care too much about checking the easy ones by car

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
I definitely hear what your saying about jumping around too much Hortontoter, I just can't seem to find any decent stand locations that allow for a broad range of wind directions.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Well only checked two cams, nothing too crazy but at least there still seems to be some daylight movement

This guy slept in my small plot for about an hour. Interesting looking rack, love the pic of him stretching.

A frickin branch bent down for two days with the heavy snow and blocked my cam. I was really looking forward to the snow pictures and was pretty sad to see this. I think I know what I'm doing next time I'm in there lol

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Haha ya thats true, I guess I should've posted more recent pics with that statement. Does seem to be frequenting the plot more now that the corn is finally harvested. The LO said he saw four nice bucks staring at two does for about thirty minutes yesterday in the part of the corn field near the plot so I'll be hunting there this afternoon since I have a perfect wind and it's away from where most of the guys with guns hunt

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Finally got some decent bucks on cam again! The farm is made up of one large parcel and one smaller parcel and I had pretty much given up on the smaller parcel due to lack of deer. I had put some corn out just before ML and got some pics of these two guys, both have great character. Love the double stickers on the one and the split g3 on the other. Not sure if his MB is broken off or thats just how his left side grew. Neither are probably fully mature but due to how late it is in the season, the fact that I likely won't be hunting here next year, and that these are the first decent bucks I've seen in a month, they are shooters.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Here's the reason this farm tends to have a low deer population... some people just don't care about seasons

Also, I think the deer with the stickers is this guy that disappeared in the summer

rsmith

Those are some nice deer for sure! Why are you not able to hunt that farm next year?? With bucks like that I would for sure try and get back on that property.