Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

teenbowhunter's trail cam pics 2014-2015

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Coming up small on my computer. Kinda hard to tell bud. 3.5yr old I would say. Give or take a year. Not much help, am I? lol

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Haha thanks, here they are bigger. The tapatalk upload doesn't seem to be as good as photobucket.
1st buck:

2nd buck

3rd buck

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Yep thats who I'm goin for in the morning! Its a 45 minute drive there and takes about 45 mins to get the climber up once I get there so I'm gonna have to wake up a little after 3

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First buck I am going with 3.5yr old net P&Y. Probably gross low 130's. Net mid to upper 120's. Darn nice deer. Belly and back are pretty parallel. Big head and where spine meets the front shoulder make me want to say 4.5yr old but I say 3.5yr old is probably where he is. Disclaimer: I am far from an expert. Many on here better at this than I am. Shoot him teenbh!

I am going with 3.5 on the other two as well but the pics aren't the best for aging. They all three look like bigger bodied deer. Lot of burger on them. Necks seem to be filling out already too.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck today. I see you are posting at 4am. For a youngster, you are showing the maturity and responsibility necessary. You have gotten up early. You said last night you planned on getting in extra early. Same thing I am doing today in one of my spots. Hats off to you. Not everyone walks the walk. It is easy to talk. You are showing the commitment. I really hope you can connect!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good luck today. I see you are posting at 4am. For a youngster, you are showing the maturity and responsibility necessary. You have gotten up early. You said last night you planned on getting in extra early. Same thing I am doing today in one of my spots. Hats off to you. Not everyone walks the walk. It is easy to talk. You are showing the commitment. I really hope you can connect!

Well said, Phil. Good luck man!

rsmith

Man those are some nice bucks! Hope you got that big 10 and that's why you haven't responded to this thread yet! Best of luck to you and I hope this hard work pays off for you!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thanks, was still a little later getting to the stand than I wanted. At 6:10 I had just unclipped my bow from the hoist rope and guess who I hear walking up behind me... I spent the next 40 minutes nocking an arrow and turning around in slow motion. Just as I finally got all the way around I hear him slowly walk off at 6:50. Would've been kinda nice of him to stay another 20 minutes so I could actually see him :). I'm not too disappointed because I realized there was a good chance that would happen but the kicker was that there were some nice fat does I could've stuck yesterday afternoon... I moved the camera farther down the ridge where he was headed where his trail connected with some bigger ones. Hopefully I can find something moving in daylight there. Can't wait for the rut to get goin! I heard some bucks sparring in the crp as I walked in

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
The first ten showed up again at the food plot. I hunted there Saturday afternoon and saw nothing but he came in on Sunday around sunset. There had also already been does there for an hour. Looks like I'm pickin the wrong days to hunt lol. Both of the other two cams I checked that seemed to be in great pinch points decided to not work so I don't know how good the places are for this weekend

rsmith

The first ten showed up again at the food plot. I hunted there Saturday afternoon and saw nothing but he came in on Sunday around sunset. There had also already been does there for an hour. Looks like I'm pickin the wrong days to hunt lol. Both of the other two cams I checked that seemed to be in great pinch points decided to not work so I don't know how good the places are for this weekend

I say hunt that food plot with how the temp drop will be this weekend, bring your sheds with you and try to maybe get him to come in a little earlier. That's awesome you got does in their though! That sucks that the cams decided to take a crap on you but hey maybe that's a sign???? Who knows, anyways good luck out their this weekend!

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Ya the rock is a trophy rock and the log is covered in the homemade stuff I make that I posted a few pages back. The hole in the ground is bc I had a trophy rock there for a month a year ago lol. He seems to like it.
And thanks rsmith, I'll be there Saturday afternoon! I probably won't rattle because it doesn't seem to work too well on this farm due to a very skewed buck to doe ratio