Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

teenbowhunter's trail cam pics 2014-2015

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Hey guys, I'm new to the site but I figured I'd start my own trail cam thread. I'm 17 and I love hunting, fishing, and fly fishing. I started hunting when I was around ten. I've been bow hunting almost every weekend during Ohio's bow season for the past two years but have yet to let an arrow fly. The good news is that I just love being out there so its not that big of a deal :). The only property I have to hunt within two hours of my house is close to 600 acres. It gets absolutely hammered by hunters during gun season and has pretty heavy pressure during bow season so the deer are very smart and most of the bucks don't make it to 3.5. However, there are excellent genetics and plenty of food so those that make it are usually pretty big.

This is the main buck I was hoping to see last season that I believe was found dead this spring. I don't know how he died but I'm sad that he did. I think he would have been huge this year

This is a 14 pointer that showed up last summer all over the farm for two days then disappeared. I'm hoping he'll show up again this year.

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
These are some other guys I think made it through that I'm hoping to see what they look like this year. They seem to have some good potential.

This buck is the one I have my eye on right now. I'm not too great at guessing age, especially during the summer, so if you guys have any guesses I'd be happy to hear them! Regardless of how old he is he is definitely old enough to shoot on this property I'd just be interested to know.

Sorry about the long post

rsmith

Welcome!! Cool pics! Got a couple really nice deer their, and to guess the age of the buck I would guess maybe 3 or 3.5 because of the mass on his main beam but that is just my guess, who knows he might just be a young stud, he look a little skinny but it is the summer so who knows. But either way he is a too looking deer so far hopefully he will stay around and let you sling your first arrow at him :smiley_cheers:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like you are hunting in an area with great genetics and that ain't always easy to find!

Welcome to the forum. You ever consider finding something a little closer to home?

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
Thanks for the welcome everybody!

Awesome pics, welcome! Where ya from?

Thanks, I live in delaware county and I hunt in pickaway

Looks like you are hunting in an area with great genetics and that ain't always easy to find!

Welcome to the forum. You ever consider finding something a little closer to home?

Ya I've tried but I'm close enough to Columbus that the farms near me seem to get asked so much that they all say no regardless of whether or not I offer to help out around the place. Unless you know them personally they aren't overly receptive. By "the only farm within two hours" I meant that this farm is about 50 mins away which isn't too bad but the other two I have permission on (both of which also have some great deer and less pressure) are 2.5 hours away (one in northern and one in southern ohio) so I don't get to them very often.