Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Joel's trail cam 2014-2015

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Put the camera out in my back yard about a week ago. Here is the first buck to show up. I need to reposition the camera so I can get better photos, this one is hanging on an apple tree with a salt block below it and just catches them coming and going from the field.

WGI_0009.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Looks good...hope you get to see the big guy from last season...i was glued to your hunting thread last season.

This is my first year running trail cams...my first pic was of a deers rear end, from there, i angled the cam facing more of their trail instead of perpendicular to it.

Looks like you're off to a good start!

rsmith

Very nice, hopefully you get a shot at a nice buck again! I was checking your thread every couple minutes to see what was going on, but this year should be a little better than last year, a lot of people I know had some pretty bad season last year. Hopefully that tables will turn for you this year, and I will be trying out the coveralls you gave me too this year, thank you again for them!

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Nice, I'm rooting for you to get that buck from last year!

That is the goal. Dragging that big boy out of the woods sure would feel good after the rollercoaster last season!

Last year I bought my first crossbow through a Cabelas Black Friday deal and had it delivered. I don't even think I took it out of the box until after gun season. This year it's on and I will be in a tree on opening day. First goal is meat in the freezer and then holding out for last year's buck if it makes sense to do so. Of course if he doesn't even show up on camera and there is a bigger one that gives me a chance I'll probably take it. I've already decided I'm not shooting a small buck and if I have to eat a tag (again) so be it.

Rsmith, no problem and enjoy the coveralls.

Getting super pumped about this season and so far it's looking good. Lots of deer sign in both the spots from last year and one farm that was heavily hunted in the area was sold to someone I know and he cleared all the woods to farm it. So, no deer drives going on at that property and the woods there are gone which pushes them all into my hunting areas. Still the same 2 other guys with permission to hunt and no one else allowed but they do not bow hunt.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Checked this evening just for the heck of it. This is not in a place where I'm going to spook the deer because it's actually in my yard where I mow and the kids play, etc. It's only about 30-40 yards away from where I shot at the big buck (to me) last year though. Planning on moving the camera a little tomorrow.

Anyway... I believe this is my deer from last year. The width of his rack, short snout and big fuzzy body leads me to believe it's him and I'm about 99% sure. WGI_0002.jpg