Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014-2015 Goals thread

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm hoping to hunt more with both of my girls this season and building some great memories together. Hopefully we have a safe and successful season. If and when they can't hunt with me I'll be out trying to catch me a big deer.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
My Goals, I'd like for my son to get a chance to shoot the 10pt. I made him pass last year, The buck was in the mid 120's but had part of his main beam broke off. I'd also like to see one of my buddy's get a nice buck, He is yet to kill one on our lease and takes a lot of heat for not killing one. Would also like to kill a nice buck myself. And some does for the freezer.

Sch8pt

Goals 2014. 1 Be able to get out and hunt more , especially with my hunting buddies and family , seems anymore the time i have finds me going a lot by myself , miss enjoying deer camp so to speak and the fellowship with good hunting buddies.
2 hopefully have the time to take a few does to donate to the hunters for the hungry program , really believe its a great cause and means to really help needy families

3 have an opportunity at a p&y or better buck with my bow . And last just wishing everyone a safe and enjoyable hunting season , filled with plenty good memories of Gods wonderful outdoors.

That's the ultimate pay it forward right there TOOville!!!!!!!
Say an awful lot about you Dick, glad to have you in among us buddy!

It is a no brainer for me Ric. I'd love to see my property used by someone that would enjoy sitting in a stand in October and November soaking it all in when I'm gone. Reality is it will probably be auctioned or sold and be raped by someone. My SIL would turn it into a place for him and his buddys to run ATV's. That thought makes me ill. I can see the cabin that my dad and I built being left to dwindle away in the elements which would be a true shame. Reality stinks but sometimes we have to face the facts.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dick, if it goes to your SiL, make a stipulation that its not to be .....fill in the blank. Seems it could be put into some kind of wildlife trust of sorts as well. A sanctuary if nothing else. I know I would leave this world happy knowing I left a place for the animals to be left alone, provided I didn't have a worthy candidate to leave it to to be enjoyed.

nis1

I like this thread idea a lot.

I would like to hunt more with my dad. He's getting a little older and I miss hunting with him all the Time like I did when I was younger.

I would like to get my girlfriend a deer if she decides that's what she wants to do ( she wants to hunt with me but isn't sure about the shooting part just yet)

I would like to help in thinning the herd in a couple places that I hunt that have high deer concentrations

I would like to at least get a mature buck within bow range this year. Last year was rough and I only saw one nice buck while on stand and I put some serious time in. So I'm not jumping to trying to harvest a mature buck with my bow. I'm taking baby steps and if I end up bagging one I'll be that much happier.

And finally and most importantly, have a fun and safe deer season!

nis1

Mine is more of a wish than a goal. I wish I could find one young man that has the passion for hunting that I do. I'd take him under my wing and enjoy the rest of my years watching him enjoy what I have been blessed to enjoy all my life. If he was truly passionate I'd probably leave him my Carroll County property when I'm gone. None of my kids, their spouses or my grandkids would want the property for hunting so I'd rather leave it to someone that would enjoy it as I have.

This is awesome. I'm only 23 and I'm feeling the same way. I got all my friends into hunting but no one is as passionate about hunting as I am. I've only met a couple people in my life that live for deer hunting as much as I do. They're few and far between. Good luck on your search!

Strother23

Columbus, OH
My goals are to be able to hunt this year with my dad more. Help him get his 1st buck with his crossbow. I'd also like to see the 13pt buck that I had on camera at the end of last year. Haven't seen him yet this year hopefully he shows up again. Also just to continue enjoying being out there in my stand.

I'll start with my goal is to save up enough money soon to buy a bow!! Sold my Creed and my old Q2 a couple months ago but had a few things sneak up and bite us in the ass so I had to use the $$ on other things to keep the household going. On a bright note, my daughter's travel softball will be coming to an end for the summer in a couple weeks. That will allow me to sock a few $$ away for it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
A sanctuary could be a good alternative. But, it is a small property and wouldn't provide a lot of protection for wildlife. But, it would be better than an ATV track.

I agree! I really hope you're able to find a nice young boy or girl to mentor and pass down this little slice of paradise you've started Dick. I'd also name it "Dicks Last Resort." Quite fitting on more than one level I would say.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Mature buck with my bow. Size doesnt matter. There's an old main frame 6pt that I would love a crack at but I know I never will. Ive already seen him in the area again eating beans and in cut wheat fields. I generally like 2 mature does for the freezer. I do have a high doe area in Hardin County I hunt that I may take an extra one at. There are a few families I know that could use some meat

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I agree! I really hope you're able to find a nice young boy or girl to mentor and pass down this little slice of paradise you've started Dick. I'd also name it "Dicks Last Resort." Quite fitting on more than one level I would say.
Lol...... Good thinking Bro! I like how we think alike.

We work to live, not live to work! Just sayn!