Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2014-2015 Goals thread

Huckleberry Finn

Put me in the "just have fun" crowd. Shooting my first buck on the shotgun opener two years ago was a blast, all 90 inches of him. Last year I had one really great November morning with a rutting buck that didn't get closer than 50 yards. Seems to be the two things that stand out.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good stuff Phil! I made some changes that should help out...

I will harvest 2 deer for the freezer.
I will do better in controlling the coyotes.
I will add more ground to hunt.
I will always continue being thankful to our Lord for the beauty we get to see and hear while hunting.
I will have a safe season.
I will undoubtedly further nurture my son's growing love of hunting. Currently it is more of a "like" for hunting. Would like to nurture it and watch it grow on his terms if possible.

Mine are pretty simple this year.

#1 Hunt as much as I can with family and friends.
#2 No matter what, have fun doing it.
#3 Repeat #1 and #2

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I want to get my wife a chance at a deer this fall with a gun since she doesn't really have the time to bow hunt right now. Other than that, I'm just gonna hunt when I can and try to enjoy the time I have in the woods.

Good stuff Phil! I made some changes that should help out...

Mine are pretty simple this year.

#1 Hunt as much as I can with family and friends.
#2 No matter what, have fun doing it.
#3 Repeat #1 and #2

I'm with Curran on this one, I would like to continue my streak by killing another big one but as long as I'm spending time with family and friends I'm happy.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Can't say I really have any "goals" this year. I found myself feeling pressured by them last year and it made for a season that wasn't much fun. I would still like to put a good buck on the ground but after last year I realized that will come in time and I should just relax and have fun along the way.

I am hoping to have more time to hunt this season and to get my grandson a chance to get one.