Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NEOhunter's trailcam photos

NEOhunter

WGI_0063.jpgWGI_0223.jpgWGI_0249.jpg

Here are a few of the recent pictures I got today when I checked my card after two weeks. I put out a sugar beet block from tractor supply and the bucks seemed to like it. These are two of the best pictures out of the 250 I got. Then the last one was encouraging because I hadn't seen many does yet this year on this property. So to see it with a baby was a bonus.

Hopefully he keeps growing.

NEOhunter

Should I be concerned that I'm not seeing many females in my pictures? I am pumped to be seeing this many bucks traveling together, I didn't see this happening last year at this property so that's a plus for me. I guess I ask that question in perspective come hunting time, if the buck to doe ratio is too high how does that affect my harvest chances and strategies?

I'm only in my 3rd year of hunting so I'm trying to learn a lot still.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You have some very nice bucks coming around!

To answer your question, you need not worry, the bucks are batched up right now and will be running together till just before,during or after the velvet shedding period. They typically stay away from doe groups this time of year and its been my observation that when the bucks move on the does will move in and visa versa.

Thanks for sharing and keep em coming!

Last edited:

NEOhunter

I pulled the card the other day and got some more nice pictures of the bucks traveling together and hitting the sugar beet block. WGI_0238.jpgWGI_0574.jpgWGI_0524.jpgWGI_0362.jpgWGI_0378.jpg

Also was surprised/excited to see the momma with 2 fawns!! Last camera pull she was there with just one.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That 10 point is a young deer, 2.5 years old IMO. He also has a lot of potential. The biggest of the 2 8's might be a 3 year old deer, so I'd shoot him if I had to choose between the 3. You have to shoot what makes you happy. I'd personally let all 3 walk and hope their dad or granddad wondered by.