Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new from new jersey

higbee13

new jersey
Full bore one of the properties I hunt is right outside the town of pensville I go through the town and I'm like 2mins away we probably have meant...although the word is definitely getting out here about how great it is in ohio and way too many guys from nj are coming out there now haha I go out there to get away from this state lol

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Lol..... What road do you hunt off of. As in where you park and such? My brother and I have had a couple guys from New Jersey stop by our cabin before during bow season.
Do you lease off of Base Camp?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lol..... What road do you hunt off of. As in where you park and such? My brother and I have had a couple guys from New Jersey stop by our cabin before during bow season.
Do you lease off of Base Camp?

.........and do you drive a white Dodge? Lol

I can't blame anyone for leaving home and going out of state to pursue bigger deer as I would do the same thing.

higbee13

new jersey
Lol never meant rick or ron...we drive blue tacoma..rent a one of those little cabins off of judy wallash I think her name is right across the street from that big old indian house across the river....we did have a lease on zion ridge road but last 2yrs we had couple landowners tell us go ahead and hunt whenever we want the people are incrdible there ...def not use to that coming from nj lol...we will be there prob around oct 29 and sstaying more then likely at least 2weeks...ill prob drive this year I have grey gmc sierra usualy hangout at the chatterbox for dinner

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Lol.....awesome. There's some nice deer in the Stockport and Pennsville area. Ric and I have met several out of Staters in the past 10 years. Most of them are from New Jersey and Pa.
Good luck this season and maybe we might run into you sometime.

Oh, by the way. The Chatterbox is a great place to wet your whistle and fill your belly after a day in the stand! Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lol.....awesome. There's some nice deer in the Stockport and Pennsville area. Ric and I have met several out of Staters in the past 10 years. Most of them are from New Jersey and Pa.
Good luck this season and maybe we might run into you sometime.

Oh, by the way. The Chatterbox is a great place to wet your whistle and fill your belly after a day in the stand! Lol

Ditto.......back in my young single years I was at the CB till closing nearly every Friday and Saturday. The Blue Bell across the street made a pretty dang good breakfast TOO.:smiley_coolpeace:

higbee13

new jersey
Thanks guys yeh its great area and bluebell is awesome spot for breakfast! Weve do e pretty well itll be our 5th year this year going there...killed couple 150s and 4 other bucks around 120 to 130 so its been good tous..last year prob was our worst year we tried planning around the moo n so we went nov 10 til 24 and turned out terrible the mature bucks were not moving at all during light hours and seen basicaly no rutting activity at all..passed on alot but all were young nothjng over 115 so ended up coming home empty handed hoping this year with moon being on the 6th it should be a rocking year there

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Yep, there's nothing worst to a Bowhunter, than the lock down period of the rut to fall during the full moon period. It makes for some slow days in the stand. Hope things go better this year for you!

higbee13

new jersey
Yeh it sucks but I only shoot what I mount when I go every year and usually it's 130or better ...just being out there away from nj is worth the trip love that land ...not use to the mountains though that's for sure I go to gym 5days a week here and every year I hunt ohio I lose at least 6lbs from scouting and hanging sets lol love it