Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

a costly fishing trip

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Grandpa, the boy and I went to a local reservoir this morning. I think it is going too cost me some money lol. IMG_20140703_134120.jpg we caught a few catfish right off the bat, then we trolled on down the bank were we have been catching a few saugeye in the last week. Jace my boy was kinda nervous about fishing out of the boat for the first time this year. But the nerves got settled when he said dad I'm getting a bite. I watched his rod start bending to the back of the boat. I told him to set the hook and when he did I new it was a decent fish. As he gets it to the boat I see it and then I seen how big it was. Then I was the nervous one lol. After we get it in the boat he looked at me and says that's my biggest yet can we mount it lol. The fish is 26 inches long and just a little over seven lbs. Which is common on lake Erie but not around here in above ground reservoir. We ended up catching 6 keepers besides that one. It was a great day too spend with my father and my son. If we wouldn't have caught another one after Jaces It wouldn't have matter it made me and my dads day seeing him fight that fish.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That's awesome too share that with your son.... Especially with your dad being there as well.... 3 generations enjoying some time together.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Great stuff! You cant put a price on that memory hanging on the wall though.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Great stuff man. Those are the memories that stick with us for a lifetime. Make time to get back out there!