Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, I've got the mini-cat that Milo mentioned, and a bigger version that I think is a catII. It's got a backpack type deal attached to it, etc. I've had 'em a long time, can't recall what they are worth. But, they are both nice. I can bring 'em down to Strouds if you want to look at them.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sure thing. I think I may have bought the catII off of Milo, but can't remember. I actually like it a lot. The pack part is handy as heck. Used it elk hunting, carried necessities in it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So here is some really jacked up stuff... I switched to a deer target and had some issues... Then I closed my left eye and started hammering the target again. I hate my eyes... My left is not as good
As my right and it's causing me fits. Not sure if it's allergies or what but I guess I'm going to have to go to the doctor.. I fuggin hate doctors

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Closing an eye while shooting trad has gotten me over target panic a time or two. Any chance you got a lil of that? I get a bit of it most every time I shoot... :)

Milo

Tatonka guide.
O
Closing an eye while shooting trad has gotten me over target panic a time or two. Any chance you got a lil of that? I get a bit of it most every time I shoot... :)
no TP for me. I have to use a verifier at certain times of the year to clear up my pins.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hear ya Eric!!! I'm left eye dominate and have refused to give up shooting right handed! Fact is I have no option as I can't do shit with my left hand. My eyes have degenerated slowly over the past decade and I don't see it stopping in my future. I actually need to break down and buy a set of cheaters for reading small print but I still haven't taken the time to do that yet!

I do shoot with both eyes open and as I'm nearing the end of my set up tend to partially close my left eye just before the shot. I don't have any idea what your problem might be unless it's just concentration or focus but I doubt that's your issue.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I tend to close my left eye also seems i shoot better that way.
Already got the cheaters Ric for reading small print.sure helps.lol

I also have a cat quiver and they are nice,mine holds 8 arrows.
I have always liked shooting with a quiver on my bows.
The one on my recurve was made by Kanati Quivers and weighs very little.

Gordo

Athens County
TP has not been an issue for me with trad at all. Been nice. Thanks for bringing it up. Ha. Havent thought about it.

Still been shooting a great couple arrows daily

Gordo

Athens County
Over shot a little bit today, and the TP arrived on cue. I immediately quit shooting. Went out 2 other times and shot one set of arrows each time, not at a 'block' style target. I swear those targets bring out the TP in me. Instead i set up a beer can(been doing alot of leaf shooting/beer can/tennis ball/etc. lately.

Shot from around 12 yards the first set of three. Killed the beer can once and the other two where close to touching it.

Took a 5 minute break, wife walked out, Stepped out to about 22 yards, let the first rip, and heard that beautiful 'Pi-ting' of an arrow hitting an empty beer can. Made that the final arrow.

The human mind is a strange thing

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Beautiful day out today so did some shooting at tennis balls out of the stand.
uploadfromtaptalk1444579323049.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444579360641.jpgfirst pics are 20 yds.uploadfromtaptalk1444579413659.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444579432404.jpg25 yds on the next ones.uploadfromtaptalk1444579498472.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444579531910.jpgpics withe the bow and quiver are around 33 yds.
Sure do enjoy shooting out of the stand and picking leaves or throwing tennis balls out to shoot at.uploadfromtaptalk1444579632287.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444579647421.jpgLisa likes to hang out and watch me shot,pretty good view of the property from here.