Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome stuff Brian! I'm envious of your time off for hunting! Wow!!! Got all the phases of the rut covered except the 2nd rut maybe!lol

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had fun at the TOO bowshoot,shooting with some of the guys and Mike letting me shoot his longbows.
Was fun watching Travis get excited about hitting a tennis ball while learning to shoot my recurve.
I sent my Ben Pearson bow home with Ron to practice with and i brought his Jeffery takedown which is about 11 pounds heavier than my widow bow to mess around with.
Got some properly spined arrows for it and put a new shelfplate on and some silencing yarn at the tips and new quiver foam so will start shooting it some tomorrow and see if i can get the braceheight correct for it.
Should be fun. uploadfromtaptalk1438211252679.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438211430609.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438211467636.jpg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If you run outta arrahs, you can beat a deer to death with it! :) I still remember the adds they ran in BOWHUNTER.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
LOL Brock! It's way too cool seeing TOO members sharing knowledge and equipment to forge friendships and to help each other learn something from one another!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got out and shot Ron's bow "The Crusher" as he likes to call it.
Shot it awhile with the new arrows and adjusted the brace height to 8.75 and that seemed to be its sweet spot.
It really zings them in there.
Once i got it dialed in and the brace height figured out it really shot well as long as i did my part.
The first pic is 15 yds and the last 3 pics are some groups at 20 yds.
I know Ron has been shooting my lighter poundage pearson bow and he is doing pretty well with it also.
It would be cool to see him shoot a deer with it this season.
uploadfromtaptalk1438297478748.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438297737649.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438297797105.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438297850281.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1438298157721.jpg
I also shot my Black Widow today and like Milo says,make the first shot count, this was my first shot shooting a Snuffer broadhead at 20 yds.
After that i just shot at tennis balls with judo points for awhile.
After shooting the crusher it sure seemed easy pulling back my widow at 47 pds.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Great stuff Brian! Looks like you and "the crusher" are getting along nicely? Lol
I've shot the Ben Pearson every night that I've been home. I have a blast shooting this recurve! Trad bows are much more enjoyable to shoot. Imo

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Take a sharpie and put a smaller black dot on that whit spot. About the size of a Penny and then leave a smaller center of white inside it. That will help your mind focus down

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had a blast shooting that widow at the TOO gathering, Brian! Keep up the good work man. I can't wait to get a trad bow of my own one of these days.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1439734327761.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439734358116.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439734371543.jpgHave been getting lots of practice in.
The first pic is my grouping at 18 yds with Rons 58 pound Jeffrey recurve.
The others are at 20 yds with the 47 pound Widow.
Have also been shooting with broadheads alot and have sure wore the target out on one side,i will just use the other 3 sides for field tips.
Shooting that 58 pounds and getting use to it is making me want to order another Widow around 55 pds.
Have also been shooting out of a treestand quite a bit which i really enjoy doing just picking out spots in the grass or i throw a tennis ball out and shoot at it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Brian, you can't just have one bow.... It's an addiction.. You need 3 minimum. I would order a take down and sets of limbs to your liking