Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1404401502640.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404401528627.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404401548505.jpguploadfromtaptalk1404401577523.jpg I have been practicing every chance I get with my new recurve bow and feel like I am getting good results.Milo gave me some great tips and I feel one of the best ones was to throw some tennis balls out at random distances and use judo points and i feel this has helped me alot on my shooting. The pics of the deer target are of my groups at 20 and 25 yds.I will say that this sure has made shooting for me fun again that it is very addicting where I dont want to miss a day of shooting. Thanks again Milo for steering me in the right direction and I hope to be ready come season.

Reactions: Ohiosam

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys and Brock I have had a great time with it and have learned that keeping my form and anchor the same everytime makes a world of difference but I still get stupid every now and then and throw a few off 8 or 10 inches.Lol. Have also shot some Magnus Stinger 4 blades and that is what I will be using this season as they fly great.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Good work boarhead. Now let's see you do that when deer get into range:smiley_crocodile: glad I could be of assistance

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks Milo and yes I expect I will have some misses before I connect but will sure have fun trying. LOL Just really looking forward to the challenge whether I get one or not. I am going to get out some now and see if I can take out a few groundhogs with it. Should be fun.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1405268874091.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405268896812.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405268915598.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1405269126889.jpgI have been practicing every day and am shooting out of the hayloft of the barn now.Also starting to shoot broadheads alot now and am using Magnus Stinger 4 blades and really like the way they fly.It has been lots of fun and really feel I am getting better each week of shooting but like Milo said... now go out and try it on the real deer.lol

Treed

Stark County

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1406574390021.jpguploadfromtaptalk1406574414124.jpg I have been shooting the recurve almost every day and I have one stand setup that will be a blind so i have been shooting some out of a blind sitting down.These are my groups at 15 and 20 yds from a sitting position.I have pics of bucks feeding in front of this blind from 10 to 25 yds so hope they keep at it when season comes in.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck with the recurve Brian! I enjoy shooting them, just don't have the drive/confidence to hunt with one. Looks like you got it under control!!!