Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1432514134206.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432514310188.jpg
I do know it gets old just shooting at targets but nice to switch it up.
I just picked out clumps of grass and shot down a rise in the field on these pics at about 23 yds.
I do shoot my best like this or doing the same out of a treestand.
Dont know why but just seems to come easier than shooting at a target.
Sure will be nice to start shooting more the next few months.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Got out and shot some today and just tossed some tennis balls down the hill and have decided that is alot better than just shooting at targets.The first groups were at around 35 yds and the second around 20.
It is fun to shoot a little further but would still keep my hunting range 25 yds and under.
Thanks to Milos suggestion for using tennis balls it really is great practice to just toss em out and aim and shoot.

I ordered a strap on quiver for my old Ben Pearson recurve today and am going to start shooting it some this Summer.

uploadfromtaptalk1433699686445.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433699967136.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433700035198.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433700109795.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great shooting Brian! Great idea using tennis balls!

When did you start using a strap on ya kinky bastard? Lmao

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
uploadfromtaptalk1434582036079.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434582069636.jpguploadfromtaptalk1434582094571.jpg
Got the new quiver for the old Ben Pearson recurve and arrows wrapped and fletched today, it is 62 inch 48 lbs at 28 draw.
Got to shoot it for awhile and it shoots pretty darn good after i got the brace height set at what it seemed to like.
My friend Paul gave me the bow when he moved to Alaska several yrs ago and believe it is an early 70s model,not sure how to tell the yr but it does have numbers on it 7050. Maybe Jaime or one of you other trad shooters might know.
Should be fun to shoot along with the Widow this Summer.

Jamie

Ohio
Boarhead, I don't know exactly how to date those old bows, but the 7050 is just a model number and I have a Pearson Cougar that says the same thing. I know it was made in the 70's, but no idea what year. it's 62", 45#@28. guys that collect them can usually track down the manufacture date, from old catalogues or directly from the manufacturer. I do know that there is a serial number on the side of the riser below the handle along with the bows' specs. that serial number is the one they use to find out when it was made, I think. you can probably track it down if you really want to.