Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shooting my recurve

Jamie

Ohio
View attachment 55793View attachment 55794

Just getting back into the swing after getting back from vacation, and shooting daily. Some days your on fire this morning was one of those days. I'm sure I'll go back to sucking the rest of the week.

nice shooting. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here with a life size target that has holes strewn from nose to tail! :biggrin: I don't let the bad days get me down any more. I know I can hit a deer in the chest at 15 yards pretty much every time. hard part is getting those close shots...

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Thanks guys, today was pretty much how I figured. Shooting wasn't bad just not as good as can be. Went out and did a little bowfishing afterwards this morning. All the fish were safe today [emoji849]

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Did some ground and treestand shooting today.
Felt pretty good knocking some tennis balls around the yard.
Hitting the tennis balls pretty consistant at 15 to 20 yds and not too bad at 25,always real close.
Will just keep practicing and working on my form and making sure my anchor is the same everytime.

OO2

In the Uplands
Those 3 yard shots are deceivingly tricky. I can't thank Brian enough for all his help and teaching. Seems I learn something new about recurve shooting every time we shoot. I now feel confident enough to hunt with this bow come Sept. I plan to limit my range out to 15 yards. It sure is rewarding to hit that tennis ball after shooting around it all day. IMG_1420.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Good job Brian. I took my long bow out last evening. Haven't shot in a long time. I shot 10-15 yards pretty damn well considering.

Jamie

Ohio
about this time of year I start shooting one arrow every day that it's daylight before I leave the house. I brace a bow and shoot one arrow with no warm up shots at my deer target from 15-20 yards. just one, then live with the result all day. I never get to warm up before shooting at a real one. is a very telling form of practice. it's a happy day when that arrow finds the sweet spot. not so fabulous when it ain't where it needs to be.