Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jarod's first pheasant

I can remember hunting pheasants with my dad and grandpa back when I was a kid. Sadly there are not to many left in these parts and my son although being an accomplished deer hunter has never had the thrill of a pheasant exploding from the brush. During the 2012/2013 season a good friend of mine took us to one of his hot spots and Jarrod was able to take his first pheasant. It was an experience that brought a rush of memories back to me and created another that I won't soon forget. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404324696.907916.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Awesome!!! I started hunting back in 1977 when wood county was still thick with birds. Last ones i shot were in williams county a few years back. Having tons of fun with doves but sure miss the cockbirds.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice. Congrats. I can see the resemblance to Matt and Josh a bit there also. Small world for sure.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Very nice. We have been releasing pheasants and quail in our CRP fields the last 6 yrs and are starting to see the results as every year now it is nice to sit in our stands and hear the cock birds cackling but we don't hunt them just nice to have some around. Will be releasing more sometime this month when they are ready to be picked up, while mowing around the farm this summer I have seen hens and roosters also a few covey's of quail but they stay hidden pretty well and don't see those often. Congrats again to your son.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Very nice bird! I'm blessed to live in an area that's becoming plentiful again. I cut my teeth hunting pheasants as a kid and love nothing more than to hear the sound of a cackling cockbird every 15 mins or less from my porch.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
We have these running around by the Longaberger golf course. For a long time, I had no clue what they were.