Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Season might be over before it starts

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Well he doesn't believe it's the bicep muscle at all. He thinks it's possibly a torn Labrum. He said from his experience and my range of motion that it's not torn and if it is it's not bad. We have to be approved thru BWC to get an MRI with contrast to be sure but he thinks as of right now that I will be good with just PT!! Wheew!

He said worst case if it is torn, it's an arthroscopic surgery, in a sling for 3 weeks and PT for up to 12 weeks. To me that sounds like either way I will be good to go for opening day!!!! Woot woot!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That's good news. But just keep it in your mind if you don't make OK with your regular bow that I'm just up here in a Hamilton with a BowLoc setup you can try.
Good luck to you.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great to hear Chris! Still, I'd take it very easy if you can and hope the healing process through PT does the trick. Good luck bud!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I'm trying to take it easy but that is really hard to do being as I have a hard time sitting still, and I have a million things to do at the house. Most all of which are labor intensive..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Good stuff Chris. You'll be good to hit the fall campout!

Even if I am crippled I am gonna try and go.. It will just depend on $$ situtation..
Down time ain't easy for go-getters!

Hell no it aint! I just have to do what I have to do and hope for the best.. Thanks for all the support yall.. Im not on here near as much as most of yall but this place is IMO an extended family..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Oh and I just remembered that I am supposed to go on that same hunt Dustin went on last year with Banded Brigade Outdoors on opening weekend of archery season.. I guess I will be making a few calls today.. Since we are a self insured BWC I will be calling to see if they approved the MRI yet and see whats going on. Gotta get this rolling!