Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dilemma

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'd call the man and tell him the truth... You will never keep his lambs safe with traps or snares. He needs a dog or two. Market sheep have become kinda a big deal around my neighborhood, and everyone has invested in dogs. Nothing keeps the yotes away better. A local vet has several hundred sheep and half a dozen dogs in his pasture. He won't even tend the sheep without a sidearm as the dogs can get pretty protective. But he hasn't lost many lambs since he started using the dogs!

The seven guys may not be that big of an issue. How many of the seven "really" hunt. My experience with most so called hunters is that they talk about hunting much more than they actually do it. I have a stepson and a good friend that I allow to hunt my property anytime. If the two of them are in the woods five days apiece in the four month season it is surprising. Most guys are not like we have on this site.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Oh it's prime. And would be probably my best property. It has it all. A deep hollow, which is rare around here. A thick swamp, hay and winter wheat in the summer, half late beans, half corn in the winter. Good mature oaks and thick honeysuckle. Neighbors a dentist that doesn't allow hunting. Good genetics. And that area is mostly chocolate bucks. It's also the winter yard up property. Something I don't have now. My deer all vacate after first snow.

I'll stop by today and talk to him, see if we can't settle on a deal. Anyone know anything about trapping yotes. I sure as fugg don't. lmao.
Lmfao snares and dirt holes and keep everything cleaner then you bow hunting equipment x 10

yotehunter

spencerville oh
The seven guys may not be that big of an issue. How many of the seven "really" hunt. My experience with most so called hunters is that they talk about hunting much more than they actually do it. I have a stepson and a good friend that I allow to hunt my property anytime. If the two of them are in the woods five days apiece in the four month season it is surprising. Most guys are not like we have on this site.
This is also true.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sub it out too another TOO member who just wants too trap/shoot yotes..... Tell the owner you're too busy but you know some folks......... You bow out and someone steps up and may gain said permission......

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I wouldn't fool with it if the other 7 guys get to hang around and continue hunting the property. Sounds like a lot of work for a crowded piece of property. I would let him know just that.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not worth the headache if he kicks the other 7 off which I doubt he will as they could cause you problems and once you start you will have to stay on top of the trapping every year to do any good like Taylor said and their is still no guarantee he wont lose anymore sheep. I also know some people that keep a llama in with their sheep as they will bond with the sheep and kick the crap out of any yotes that get in the pen. And yes it takes a lot of time and effort to trap or snare yotes and do it the right way. But if you decide to do it I could find some time and try to show you how I do it. Just remember you cant do it half ass which I am sure you wouldn't.