Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vacant Game Wardens

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
From the DOW website: (so there is ONE chick...but which one is it?:smiley_crocodile:)

The newest ODNR Division of Wildlife state wildlife officers were sworn in at a ceremony in Columbus on Thursday, July 3, 2014. Of Ohio’s 16 new state wildlife officers, 10 will be assigned to a county and six will serve at-large regions. The 16 state wildlife officers were hired from a pool of more than 800 applicants.

• Wildlife officers have statewide jurisdiction to enforce wildlife regulations, investigate allegations of waterway pollution, protect state property, and make arrests. They conduct educational programs, perform fish and wildlife management duties, and advise landowners on dealing with wildlife. Wildlife officers also serve an important role as a point of contact with law enforcement and other agencies on topics of mutual interest, providing assistance and expertise.

• Following completion of the Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training course May 4, the officers completed eight weeks of wildlife officer specific training by the ODNR Division of Wildlife. In addition to wildlife law enforcement procedures and agency policies, the cadets received training in areas of wildlife and fisheries management, communications, outdoor education, ATV operation, hunter safety, and advanced firearms and self-defense topics.

• The new officers will continue training by working with experienced officers in their assignment area for the next six months.

The 16 new Ohio wildlife officer and their assignments:
• Kelsey A. Brockman, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Five
• Michael H. Budd, assigned to Knox County, Wildlife District One
• Scott A. Cartwright, assigned to Adams County, Wildlife District Five
• Martin E. Cisine, assigned to Trumbull County, Wildlife District Three
• Austin M. Dickinson, assigned to Seneca County, Wildlife District Two
• Ryan J. Donnelly, assigned to Cuyahoga County, Wildlife District Three
• Tyler W. Eldred, assigned to Morrow County, Wildlife District One
• Maurice A. Irish, assigned to Delaware County, Wildlife District One
• Nathan W. Kaufmann, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Two
• Anthony G. Lemle, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Two
• Austin D. Levering, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Five
• Patrick L. Muldovan, Jr., assigned to Licking County, Wildlife District One
• Allen S. Patton, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Four
• Marino A. Pellegrini, assigned to Lake County, Wildlife District Three
• Kyle C. Queer, assigned to Carroll County, Wildlife District Three
• Nathan S. West, assigned at-large, Wildlife District Four

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Can you imagine the the average hunter meeting him the first time not knowing who he is and seeing that name on the uniform? No fugging way a group of hunters keep a straight face.Glad I will be nowhere near his county

Huckleberry Finn

Well, my home county got filled. I imagine there are many of these news releases going out.

COLUMBUS, OH – Tyler W. Eldred, 30, of Blanchard, Michigan will be assigned as a new state wildlife officer in Morrow County, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) Division of Wildlife.

Officer Eldred is one of 16 new wildlife officer cadets who have been undergoing extensive training and were sworn in as commissioned state wildlife officers during July 3rd ceremonies in Columbus. He will begin his new duties the following day.

Following completion of the 17-week Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training course May 9th, the cadets had eight weeks of specialized wildlife officer training by the Division of Wildlife. In addition to wildlife law enforcement procedures and agency policies, the cadets received training in areas of wildlife and fisheries management, communications, outdoor education, ATV operation, hunter safety, and advanced firearms and self-defense topics.

As a state wildlife officer, Eldred will have statewide jurisdiction to enforce wildlife regulations, investigate allegations of waterway pollution, protect state property, and make arrests. He will also conduct educational programs, perform fish and wildlife management duties, and advise landowners on dealing with wildlife. Wildlife officers serve an important role as a point of contact with law enforcement and other agencies on topics of mutual interest, providing assistance and expertise.

Eldred is a 2002 graduate of Montabella High School. In 2012, he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Fisheries and Wildlife with a concentration on wildlife biology and management from Michigan State University.

Eldred stated, “I am excited to be working for ODNR and am honored to be serving the citizens of Ohio while protecting the state’s various natural resources”

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
This thread starts with ya'll bitchin about lack of wardens and no enforcement and ends with ya bitchin about overzealous young officers who'll be over enforcing ....classic

Jamie

Ohio
rotflmao. I was just thinking the same thing, Carpn. "classic" ...

although, I am glad I don't hunt Carroll Co. that poor bastard.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This thread starts with ya'll bitchin about lack of wardens and no enforcement and ends with ya bitchin about overzealous young officers who'll be over enforcing ....classic

I didn't see any bitching. The vacancies were mentioned, the candidates to fill them were posted. Then we started picking on MR Queer, and trying to decipher which one was the girl as there were two candidates who could fit the bill.

I don't think I read anything about over enforcing either. Unless you're talking about what I said earlier about Mr queer being one of the "I've been picked on my whole life but now I have a badge people". That's called a joke man. You know. Ha ha. Funny. It plays of the stereotype that cops were picked on as kids and get into law enforcement for the power. Who would be a better candidate to fill said stereotype than a guy named Queer. You're right. A bunch of guys joking around and cracking a few jokes on the internet. Classic.

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Are those two reading the same thread I am?

Didn't see a single person bitch about lack of enforcement in this thread. Its been brought up numerous times, just not here.