Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

IWB holsters made in Ohio

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Recently purchased two of these. I like my Crossbreed. It is a bit pricey though and you can't always find a second which will work for you. Ordering one can take some time.

I thought I would try a local (to Ohio) guy making some similar. I won't post his name or info until I am satisfied and have given it a fair shake for a couple of weeks of use.

Initial thoughts: quick communication responses. Very eager And willing to satisfy customers wants and needs. I ordered on Monday. He built and shipped 2 on Tuesday. I received them Wednesday. Smooth transaction. Extremely pleased. I asked if it was okay to do a review. He said "Absolutely. I only ask that you are fair and if something isn't the way you like it, you give me the opportunity to make it right first." I would have done this anyway, but with him stating this, it showed me his desire to keep customers happy and go above and beyond. I told him I needed them by Thursday. He more than delivered. Thus far, I am very impressed.

Build quality? Retention is good. Leather seems to be thick enough, yet pliable enough to fit and break in easily. Hardware seems quality. Always need the test of time and use/abuse to verify though.

Price? Plenty fair in my opinion. Before asking permission to to a review he told me he would ship for free since I bought 2 at once. I had $80 in two of these shipped and received in 2 days. Top notch so far.

uploadfromtaptalk1403800831118.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403800845197.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403800863988.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1403800932177.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure if this will upload in bad service area. Here are a couple selfies in the camper mirror. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20140702_095741_853.jpg
    IMG_20140702_095741_853.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20140702_095656_965.jpg
    IMG_20140702_095656_965.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 127

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks Phil. Just trying to figure out where those exposed ribbits where. Against your bare skin?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never had a problem Frank. Not with the crossbreed I have used the last couple years. Not with this one I have carried the last week.

I have only used one of these so far. It broke in easily. No skin irritation. No problems with pistol retention in the holster. I am very pleased with the purchase.

Frank- You shouldn't have any issues with the hardware snagging or rubbing. Never worn mine while going commando. Maybe without any under britches it would bother a person. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very well. So well in fact, I haven't even worn the second one I bought. I sorta like carrying the 45 over the 9mm at the moment. Just a change of pace I suppose.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I emailed the owner of this business and received the usual prompt reply. He told me to feel free to put his contact info on there. He has a website www.rothholsters.com but stated it isn't anything fancy. Too busy working on holsters to worry about a fancy website. His email is easiest way to contact him. rothholsters@gmail.com

I want to preface: I do not know this guy. I have never met him. We emailed and I think briefly spoke on the phone about details. It is as simple as this: Small business owner, Ohio guy, good product, and good price. As a small business owner, when I deal with someone who has great products for fair prices, I pass along their info. I would hope my customers would do this for me if they were very pleased. It is only fair to offer this to people I buy from.