Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camera Mounts

I bought enough to make 4 of them which took about 2 minutes to put together. Won't be able to try until I change out the camera cards, but don't see why they won't work well. I bought the thumb screws. Thanks for the idea.

Now I need to come up with an idea to use the same concept, but something you could strap on the tree for putting on public land where you can't screw in something. Thinking about using the strap with a piece of painted board? or possibly a piece of angle strapped to the tree with this bolted to it? Anyone have any ideas.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Ill be doing this soon, but they will be looking something like this.

IMG_0276_grande.jpg

Question, are all cameras the same in that the screw hole at the bottom is the same size?

reo

N.E. Ohio
I bought enough to make 4 of them which took about 2 minutes to put together. Won't be able to try until I change out the camera cards, but don't see why they won't work well. I bought the thumb screws. Thanks for the idea.

Now I need to come up with an idea to use the same concept, but something you could strap on the tree for putting on public land where you can't screw in something. Thinking about using the strap with a piece of painted board? or possibly a piece of angle strapped to the tree with this bolted to it? Anyone have any ideas.

This could be modified for your use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVKioGkX98

Forgot to post this but I built several of these and they work well. Going to make a mount to put on public land as well, but I haven't got around to doing that. Thanks Xbowguy and others for the idea and instructions.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Great idea Rick.... Don't know how I missed this thread... Now I can replace my old red-necked hillbilly style I was using for the last 10 years... LOL

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Fletch....there is a newer version that is much easier to use and needs no tools. Replace the bolt through the center with a 1-inch thumbscrew in 1/4-20. Then add a wing nut on the far side of that. On the eye screw, put a wing nut on backwards to go up against your camera.

20170805_173606.jpg

This one is a stubby for rear mount on a camera but you'll get the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: bowhunter1023

Fletch

Supporting Member
Just made up 6 of these... Only thing I did different was the bolt that goes into the tree is longer... I went to 2 hardware stores and that's all that was available... So camera will be a little further out from tree... Which is not a bad thing...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Just made up 6 of these... Only thing I did different was the bolt that goes into the tree is longer... I went to 2 hardware stores and that's all that was available... So camera will be a little further out from tree... Which is not a bad thing...

I normally use 2-3" eyescrews on mine. I get a lot of the parts at flea markets so I take what I can get at times. :smiley_coolpeace: