Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What kind of set up do you have?

What kind of bow do you shoot?

• Mathews

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Bear

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hoyt

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • PSE

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Browning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Bowtech

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

CdBurner

CD, wasn't trying to get you worked up. I think BowHunt57 said it best. I can look at prices and listen to what people say till i'm blue in the face. i just need to get my hands on different bows and see what works for me.

All good bud. Shoot a bunch, decide for yourself, is the best advice you can get! That way you're happy with what you have in the end.

Nothing worse than buying something you don't like.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mine is similar to Ernie's. I have a PSE Super G. I love how it shoots. Plus, I got it on sale after the season at Cabelas for less than $400 all set up and ready to go.
For the best price you might want to wait til late January. Places like Cabelas want to unload stock for new models.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Mathews has the most haters because they are on top. Them and Hoyt are the Yankees/Red Sox of archery.

Beentown

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Mathews Switchback XT at 30" and 70 lbs.
Fuse 6" stabilizer
QAD Ultra Rest Pro Hunter
Specialty Archery Super Peep
Stanislowski Shootoff Quattro release
Custome Greg Fleming wrist sling in orange and black.
Custome 452x strings and cables from Extreme Strings in orange and black.
Viper microTUNE sight with 4 .019" flo. green pins, 3X lens, sun shade, and light.
Shooting 427 grain Easton ST Axis 340's at 270 fps with Slick Trick Magnum 100 grain broadhead leading the way.

Most of this will change in the spring. It's only a matter of what I like to shoot the most at this point. That, and if I decide to keep the current set-up and turn it into an indoor rig...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Has greg ever made a gun sling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I haven't, but I've been telling myself I was going to make one for a while now. The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out in my head is how to make it adjustable. I have some ideas, just haven't messed with it yet.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I've been shooting my Parker Hornet for two seasons now, and can't complaint too much. It seems to be killing deer for me. Although I will admit that I bought the bow on price, and not because I shot tons of bows and it felt the best in my hand. A had a buddy that was closing down his archery shop, and he gave me a heck of a deal!

I'll probably be upgrading some of my accessories this off season though. At the top of the list will be an order for a Greg Flemming custom wrist sling. Just gotta decide on a color combo. Possibly switching arrows out, and upgrading my sight.

Like most of the other guys have said, go out, shoot a bunch of bows in the price range you're targeting, and see what feels best.

Good luck & have fun!!

Last edited:

Diablo54

Outside
No I haven't, but I've been telling myself I was going to make one for a while now. The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out in my head is how to make it adjustable. I have some ideas, just haven't messed with it yet.

I hope you have it figured out by next Christmas. I'll be buying 1 or 2. What other than wristbands do ya make?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVIDOutdoors

Mathews has the most haters because they are on top. Them and Hoyt are the Yankees/Red Sox of archery.

Beentown

I think the biggest problem with Mathews is that EVERYONE I have ever met that shoots one thinks this out loud.. lol No offense to you Mathews lovers..

I have nothing against Hoyt what so ever. In fact I own an 08 Katera and it is one of the smoothest shooting bows I have ever shot.. Def. near the top of my list.. I also shoot an Athens Accomplice 34.. It is my current favorite and best shooting bow I have owned.. I do think MOST high end bows in todays market can compete with just about everyone elses bow.. Its all about personal preference..

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Its all about personal preference..

Amen!

The only reason I ever talk shit about bow brands is because it's fun! At the end of the day, if you like it and it works for you, who gives a fuck what it says on the limbs? Feel is the most important thing IMO and who's to say what feels good in the hands of someone else. (Besides cold beer and boobs!) It's fun to keep it lively and if you can't bust your buddies balls about what they shoot, what can you bust 'em on?!? :D

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think the biggest problem with Mathews is that EVERYONE I have ever met that shoots one thinks this out loud.. lol No offense to you Mathews lovers..

Yeah it is about busting balls. If you shoot a Remington rifle I will bust your balls while shooting my Browning. If you are shooting a Glock while I am shooting beside you, balls will be busted. If you pull up in a Tahoe I am going to....I just like to give people shit.

Beentown

AVIDOutdoors

Yeah it is about busting balls. If you shoot a Remington rifle I will bust your balls while shooting my Browning. If you are shooting a Glock while I am shooting beside you, balls will be busted. If you pull up in a Tahoe I am going to....I just like to give people shit.

Beentown

Well ur safe lol.. I drive the only truck that deserves to be called as much.. A FORD lmao

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

I have nothing against Hoyt what so ever. In fact I own an 08 Katera and it is one of the smoothest shooting bows I have ever shot.. Def. near the top of my list.. I also shoot an Athens Accomplice 34.. It is my current favorite and best shooting bow I have owned.. I do think MOST high end bows in todays market can compete with just about everyone elses bow.. Its all about personal preference..

I will agree with youon the athens bows. They shoot and feel great. But I refuse to have anything to do with that company untill they get rid of that jaggoff rodney. He is the biggest pompus idiot douche bag.
other than that. Wonderful bows..and they are stiff competition to others.