Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What kind of set up do you have?

What kind of bow do you shoot?

• Mathews

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Bear

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Hoyt

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • PSE

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Parker

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Browning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martin

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Bowtech

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

AVIDOutdoors

I will agree with youon the athens bows. They shoot and feel great. But I refuse to have anything to do with that company untill they get rid of that jaggoff rodney. He is the biggest pompus idiot douche bag.
other than that. Wonderful bows..and they are stiff competition to others.

Interesting. Im not going to ask your reasons for that, everyone is entitled to an opinion. But I can say Rodney has done nothing but good things for Athens from my view, and is a very professional, responsible Staff Director.. Me, my guys, nor anyone I know who is involved with Athens in any way has had any problems with him that I know of.. I know Rodney as the type of guy who would give you the shirt off his back..
It sounds as though you may have had some type of problem on a personal level rather than anything else. Didnt you use to be on their staff?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't think it was archery talk. I don't get on there very often, but I remember reading it. Must have been across the street here in Ohio.

usmm1234

Check out some of the new Bowtech RAK (ready, aim, kill) setups. Totally ready to go. quiver, sight, rest are all included.

Look at the review here:
http://archeryreport.com/2010/12/2011-bowtech-assassin-spotlight-reviews/

I bought the Assassin with the RAK package a month ago. This bow is fantastic for the money. It shoots and performs like a bow that would cost hundreds of dollars more. My son has a Diamond Rock which is a good performing $400 to $500 compound bow. This new Assassin blows the Rock out of the water. I shoot the bow at 57lbs 29" Draw and I am getting 275 fps with a 385 gr. arrow. That performance is up there with the $900 bows.:smiley_clap::smiley_clap:

I added this 2010 Z28 last week..I didnt vote in the poll cause Elite wasnt listed...

Im shooting a Hoyt Katera. I love the bow and hoyts a great company.
sword accu-site apex 3rd plane
ripcord rest
treelimb quiver
a-bomb stabilizer
Ill probably get a elite or a strother infinitly so I have a bow in Ohio and one to hunt with in Washington.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I somehow missed this thread first time around.... Mathews Switchback XT here. No complaints... but i've shot a lot of other bows that felt sweet as well. The fact that I have a Mathews dealer/bow shop less than 5 miles from my house kinda sealed the deal for me! .