Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bigslams trail cam thread

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
He hasn't got much taller but I'm still loving the character. I'll be pulling my card at my best spot this coming weekend and there should be some good bucks on it. Hopefully I'll have that big boy that looks too be around 160" on cam.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408930356659.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408930356659.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 82
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408930367775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408930367775.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 91
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408930382810.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408930382810.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I bet that deer is pretty much done growing and I still would shoot him and be very happy with him! Old warrior with mass and character IMO.

Yep I would kill em, he's done growing they are going to start shedding velvet very soon. What he lacks in tine length, he makes up for it in mass and character. Nice buck, I hope you get him.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Chad, a good buddy killed a buck a couple years ago we named Factor that reminds me of this deer BIGTIME! My buddy Stacey killed this buck with his TC muzzy and it was his very first buck to get mounted that wasn't killed with one of his bows and he has 2-3 walls full of deer of this caliber or bigger. He's one of the best non official scorers that in know and has scored hundreds of deers over the span of 25 years or more.
Long story short, Factor was as mature a deer any hunter could ever want to harvest and put on the wall but his rack being wide,heavy and tons of character just wouldn't score worth a #%&$...and that's alright! He looks damn good on his wall and was an old warrior that ruled his turf in his prime I'm sure.
Last I heard, Stacey has never taped him and doubt if he ever does but till that time I'm sure he gives Stacey some pleasure every time he looks up at him.
I'll see if I can post up a pic of Stacey and Factor to show you how similar they are.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sounds good, Ric! I'm really not that concerned with the score as much as I am his character and the fact that he's a mature buck, and a mature buck is all I'm going too shoot this year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds good, Ric! I'm really not that concerned with the score as much as I am his character and the fact that he's a mature buck, and a mature buck is all I'm going too shoot this year!

I'm glad to hear buddy! I guess scores are used to give others an idea how big a deers rack is if they don't have a pic of it or actually see it up close but one thing isn't in the score that could miss lead people about how impressive a deers rack is and that is over all mass and density. Clearly both of these bucks have it but won't get credit for it on the score sheet or the most BS sessions. Lol