Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bigslams trail cam thread

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm looking for a pope and young at least. Although I do like the character, I think he'd just look better next year. He looks like a 3 year old.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Funky rack has one heckuva strong side. The one running away looked good. Hard to tell from my phone. They always look better from behind. Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Funky might not ever be a P&Y due to his uneven symmetry or very weak right side Chad. I'd give him another year just to see if his right side gets stronger and what he does. Next season he'll be a year older and that's when I'd make my decision if I were you. Just my 2 cents...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Funky might not ever be a P&Y due to his uneven symmetry or very weak right side Chad. I'd give him another year just to see if his right side gets stronger and what he does. Next season he'll be a year older and that's when I'd make my decision if I were you. Just my 2 cents...

I don't plan on shooting him. I have a property that I know has good deer. I've been glassing the field for the past week and there's a couple nice ones hanging out in the neighbors field 100 yards from my stand.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1407551675586.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407551686006.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407551700356.jpg

Finally got something nice, and with lots of character! Hopefully he starts getting taller. Any guesses on age?

rsmith

I'm not good with guessing ages at all but he does have a heck of a lot of character!! Hope he give you a shot at him this year

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very nice buck Chad! He's gonna have more of a heavy "gnarly driftwood" looking rack as apose to long tines. I would think most deer are nearly done growing but he's still got some darkness on the tips I see. Still I think he's just got some filling out to do. I would be surprised if he could be 5 either.

How far away is he from the shed you found in your avatar? I don't think it's the same deer but if it is near there you will have two dandys to chase there! Good luck and I'll be looking forward to his updates.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Very nice buck Chad! He's gonna have more of a heavy "gnarly driftwood" looking rack as apose to long tines. I would think most deer are nearly done growing but he's still got some darkness on the tips I see. Still I think he's just got some filling out to do. I would be surprised if he could be 5 either.

How far away is he from the shed you found in your avatar? I don't think it's the same deer but if it is near there you will have two dandys to chase there! Good luck and I'll be looking forward to his updates.

This is on a totally different property about 3-4 miles east of where I found that shed. I did move my camera at the shed property during the rain last week too where I see bucks in the field every night. I was glassing that field every night last week and there was a couple nice ones out there, so hopefully he got his pic taken.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The bobcat is still hanging around my buddies place in Guernsey Co.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1407686467684.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1407686467684.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 90

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
If he gains some height, he'll be a real attention grabber when he shows up while you're in the stand!!! I'd guess him to be 4 as well.