Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bigslams trail cam thread

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Here's a nice up and comer.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422638049673.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422638049673.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 112

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
This shit is getting old. The people that live beside our land seem to think its OK to let their dogs loose and run all over other peoples land. Our land is one of the few places I have to turkey hunt. These little bastards also scared deer off while my buddy was out there hunting a few months ago. I just texted him and told him to please keep his dogs on his own land. When I pulled in today one of the little Fugger's was barking at me while standing on my land. Damn turkeys ain't going to come around if their loose all the time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1427302871098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1427302871098.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 114

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I texted him at 12:48 today. He has yet to return my text. I don't want to cause trouble by calling the dog warden because he'll know who called. My brother also teaches with him at the high school. So I guess there's really only one option left if he doesn't leash the bastards. I'd hate for it to come to that, but I guess I'd have to look at them like a yote, just an animal that fuggs up my hunting.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Are they running deer? Are they just wandering a bit and heading home? Or are they running loose daily and out hunting like a coyote? Those would be the questions I would ask myself.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry to hear this Chad. I'd call him and be polite about it and tell him your feelings and that this is the last warning. The dog warden will be notified and the ball is in his court. Cordial and firm then it's all on him! Ask him how he'd like it if roles were reversed as well....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Are they running deer? Are they just wandering a bit and heading home? Or are they running loose daily and out hunting like a coyote? Those would be the questions I would ask myself.

They are running loose daily, they were out there when I pulled in today. They come down to my camera site and it looks like they eat the alfalfa I have out. Not sure where else they go but I do know this, them dogs running loose is just as bad as a dog running deer. The wildlife won't come around regardless if they are chasing or not, but they did scare off deer when my buddy was hunting.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Like many on TOO, I am a dog lover. I do not blame the dogs here. The owners need to have their leash tightened. Ric summed it up very well in my opinion.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Like many on TOO, I am a dog lover. I do not blame the dogs here. The owners need to have their leash tightened. Ric summed it up very well in my opinion.

I agree. I don't think I could pull the SSS. I am a dog lover also. I'll go back out in a few days, pull the camera card and see if they are on it. If they are running loose when I get there or on the SD card then I'll have a cordial conversation with him. I had the guy for a teacher in high school so I don't want any problems, especially since we'll be neighbors in a few years.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Friendly but firm with respect rather than threats. I think that would go far with "most" people. At least will fix it for a little while.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Confront the owner, tell them too tie em up or you will before your hunts.... You work pay your taxes and want a little enjoyment off your property... You don't want it fugged up because of an asshole dog owner....