Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What new cam are you going with this year?

Our one set-up on our minerals we often throw some corn down and it's next to a big stump. Often we have tons of squirrel and coon pics as they love that stump. This year I put our camera back a bit further and up high in the tree and have gotten some GREAT deer pics and very little squirrel and coon pics. Seems like this worked out best as it must be reading the deer sized movement better and not tripping on the rats.

Huckleberry Finn

Anyone selling last year's cam while they upgrade? Looking for a decent camera but not looking to spend too many bucks on it. Thanks

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
As the summer goes on I have determined that most cameras will crap out eventually no matter the price but some of the cheaper models seem to go for along time. Still like my miultrie 990 blackout but wont hold my breath as the 2 moultrie 880s lasted about a year. I have 2 old cheap stealth cams that still work well and a buddy that swore off moultries said he loves the Cabela brand cameras. I will wait and see how they hold up for him before trying one.

rsmith

i got a moultrie m80xt and have had nothing but good pics, check out my latest post in my trail camera section titled geauga county bucks and does for idea of pic quality. just throw it out at about knee high and expect good pics, and it has a cool no blur setting which makes the pics pretty clear, a little pricey for me about 170 but Gander runs a sale on them sometimes for 110 or 120 which is a great price

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes most of the cams take good pics just seems like one yr or if lucky 2 and they start having issues. I have a buddy who also used Cudde back and had nothing but problems with it after 6 months. Next year I think I will just buy several cheap ones and when they crap out just pitch them. My Moultrie 990 blackout has been out for 14 months and no problems yet but we will see.

Treed

Stark County
Yes most of the cams take good pics just seems like one yr or if lucky 2 and they start having issues. I have a buddy who also used Cudde back and had nothing but problems with it after 6 months. Next year I think I will just buy several cheap ones and when they crap out just pitch them. My Moultrie 990 blackout has been out for 14 months and no problems yet but we will see.

I just checked both of my M990s today, both are working great after a year, taking really good pictures of does and some young velvet bucks. Things are looking rough at my Carroll County property this year. I may need to grab these cams and head down to Knox County and hang them there.........lol.....I need more cams!!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After a mixup at the Dist. I finally picked up my Moultrie Panoramic 150 today. Need 6 C batteries then try it out.
Any tips from any users?