Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moultrie Easy Feeder

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I know this has been discussed on this forum somewhere before, I just cant seem to find it. I have had my Moultrie feeder out for about 2 months or so. Went out to change trail camera cards and check the feed level only to find that something had torn the wiring out from the bottom and then chewed it in half. My BIL and I had to redneck engineer it to get it working again. Ill end up having to either replace or splice the wiring. Any suggestions on how to keep them off the wiring? Also, when I checked the trail camera card when I got home, we found the culprit. Just as I thought, Coons. They are trying to climb the legs wthout much luck, but they are able to jump and grab a hold of the feed mechanism, hold on and get corn from the spin feeder. They have even managed to be sitting on top of my feeder. I think we are going to go with the carpet tack strips on the legs, but if they are able to jump and reach it, then what? Other than that issue, we are both happy with the way the feeder is working, and saving us money as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Dustin

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You may need to raise the feeder some. That's my major beef with that feeder despite loving how easy it is to fill. I've never had a problem with them getting to the wiring though. The wiring for mine is contained inside the feeder and in the housing box on the side.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Jackalope, Im already on it. That plan will go into effect immediately. Thanks.

Bowhunter, the wiring for mine is mostly inside as well except for the small bit that goes from the motor to the inside of the feeder.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I bought 1" fencing and wired it around my spinner head. Make sure it is tight as they will hang on it until they see it's not easy anymore. A lot of my coons quit climbing after awhile.

I have had thousands of pics of coons hanging on mine, they haven't got to the wires yet (knock on wood). I know those little bastards will eat you out of house and home.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I ratchet strapped a length of burlap around mine to keep the spinner from slinging corn in a 20 yard circle. Didn't think about it until later that I bet I'll have pics of coons doing the Michael Jordan off that burlap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402018414.515660.jpg