Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Hunting rig?

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I'm struggling with what to do right now. I don't need a new bow, but want one. I've spent most of my life fulfiling my wants and I know it's time to grow out of that with kids in the future. But that makes me want to buy a new one and be happy with what I have before I become a dad considering the buying of new bows on a whim goes out the window at that point! Then there's the part of me that likes my bow. But what about the part of me that wants even better performance?

lol

It's a damn sickness I tell you!!!

Hey... If there are no kids yet you are good to go!!! I cheap out on everything except archery equipment. That is the one thing I refuse to have second best on..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have owned two bows in my life. This is my second year of archery. Bought the Hoyt in September last year. I do not plan on shopping or thinking about another one for a long time. It is sufficient to kill deer (two so far including my avatar buck) and suits me. If I start to have doubts about it or my ability to use it, then I will consider shopping again. Maybe sometimes not knowing what else is out there and better is the best thing. My Hoyt Vectrix is plenty fast to kill deer and it feels great in my hands. No need to question it now. Have fun shopping fellas!

Spothogg

Central Md
Well Ive had my K&K for a while now and.......the jury is still out. It holds great, but i havnt shot it enough to form an opinion. I have has issues with the bow, Won't tune, and now I'm waiting on a new bottom mod. Some how the bottom mod split, yes split. it's split were the cable rolls over it, and it chewed up my serving and cable. I'll let you know what comes of this issue

There are so many new bow makers out there. I cant keep up with them all Athens, G5, terminator, K&K,strother and I know there are others. Three years ago if you wanted a high end compound you bought a bowtech mathews or a hoyt; maybe elite once they got serious in the game. Those days are gone. come to think about i dont remeber seeing any bowtech hype on forums in the last year. I Shot a friends Hoyt CXR 32 he just bought and I traded him my brand new elite pure. I shot a hoyt matrix when i bought my new bow but not the CXR 32 that was a big mistake. Guess im out of the Elite circle Boohoo.

Just 1 More

How did those K&K's work out lmao
I had a Vengeance for a few years, loved it and hated it at the same time. Great bow once you git everything timed & tuned but not worth the constant hassle.. Plus with Kevin screwing over some people on the cams and such...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
How did those K&K's work out lmao
I had a Vengeance for a few years, loved it and hated it at the same time. Great bow once you git everything timed & tuned but not worth the constant hassle.. Plus with Kevin screwing over some people on the cams and such...
Since he hasn't been on since 2012 I doubt you will get a response.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Gotcha I think Big Holla had an e35. I had a synergy for a little bit