Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spencie 2014

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I run a lot of trail cams. The pic of the 10 licking the branch is one of my all time favorites. If I had been in the stand I would have to get the mount with him licking a branch.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Here are some of the bucks that we have been caught on cam so far in November. There's only 1 that I will shoot (pic 1). The last 5 pics were my target buck but being busted up he gets a pass IF....... The buck in the 5th pic has blood on his rack.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pics as always Spencie!!! Looks like he has many tine gouges on his back as well! That first buck is a dandy! Good luck with him!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Even though I have known since early October my #1 Target buck has broken G3s and I probably wasn't going to shoot him...I have continued to go after him. After many pics of him under other stands it all came together this eve. He came through 5 times, 4 chasing a doe. The closest was 20 yards in the food plot. I never picked up my bow. But what sweet vindication! Always a great feeling to have a 5.5 year old buck in range. My son thinks I'm crazy...he's not wrong.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Hey it's not always about the kill.... Congrats on having it all come together, a lot of us don't see that happen often....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I have yet been able to say I passed on a mature buck because of a busted up rack or dropping a shed early but I bet the feeling is very rewarding. Like J said, its not just about the kill.

Sure hope he survives for you to be able to chase next season! It's very tough for a buck to do with the amount of hunters we have nowadays!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
The first buck is 30 yards in front of my daughters stand on her lease. The second is a pic that was sent to me on Saturday of gun season in someone's yard in Columbus.