Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoters 2014 Trail Camera Photos

After a disappointing season last year I decided to move my stand to a spot that I know Splitter passes by. I moved this stand to this location in early April. He uses a fence crossing that is about 25 yards to the left of where my stand is now positioned. I setup the stand for a W and SW wind. This new setup doesn't offer a lot of viewing distance, but I think this is my best chance to see him in shooting range. In the photo looking out the front of my stand you can see my camera hanging on the tree just left of center in the photo. The camera is 22 yards from my stand and the mineral site is about 19 yards out. This camera monitors my mineral site that is near the base of the two big oaks on the right in this photo. This is where I have got my recent photos of Splitter. The binocular looking photo is looking out the right side of my stand which would be to the north. Many deer approach this stand site from the W or NW. Directly behind the stand is a fairly steep slope that goes into my creek bottom. The stand is easily accessible and very little disturbances getting to it. Hopefully this move will do the trick, only time will tell.

Attachments

• IMGP5209.jpg
    IMGP5209.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMGP5210.jpg
    IMGP5210.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 87
Pulled cards today after about a three week soak. Not the best group of photos I've had this year. There is a gas pipeline going in about 1/3 mile north of my property. This work started less than 10 days ago so I don't know how much it will affect the deer using my property. Finally saw some fawns, one single and a set of twins. The bucks are growing pretty well. I didn't get a photo that I am 100% positive was Splitter. I think the IR photo may be him though. A few nice up and comers showed up at my mineral site. Not sure why, but my camera date and time went haywire part midstream of this soak.

Attachments

• SUNP0071.jpg
    SUNP0071.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 86
  • HUNT2225.jpg
    HUNT2225.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 90
  • HUNT2226.jpg
    HUNT2226.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 95
  • HUNT2234.jpg
    HUNT2234.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 90
  • HUNT2242.jpg
    HUNT2242.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 89

rsmith

The last pic of the two bucks look very promising! They look like a deff shooter, but the IR pic is hard to tell if it is him or not, either way he is a nice one as well

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope pipeline project doesn't last long for your sake. Would love to see you holding Splitter's rack this year.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I haven't shot an arrow at a buck since Dec. 15, 2009. Yes, I could have killed some small bucks, but I want a buck that meets the Buckeye Big Buck standards. I'm sure I have two and maybe a third that meet those standards passing through my property on a fairly regular basis. I've put a lot of time and effort in to trying to be at the right place at the right time. So far the stars have not aligned, but I have a hunch this may be the fall that it all comes together.