Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoters 2014 Trail Camera Photos

Hopefully a few will show up for you Chuck. The bucks in my area seem to show up year after year. It is easy to get to know them on a personal basis, but near impossible to get them in range of my crossbow. I'm beginning to believe that some bucks are not killable.

I'll admit one thing teej, I dream of holding those antlers in my hand someday. That left antler last year was a real hunk of bone and the right was one tine less and just a tad smaller. I'm hoping he is a clean 16 point this fall instead of the 15 point he was last year.

Made an early morning run to the cabin this morning. Wanted to get some mowing done before it got TOO hot. Grabbed the cards from both cameras after a three week soak. Tons of photos at my mineral site. I threw out a new Trophy Rock this morning, the old one was about 80% gone. Gotta keep my bucks happy! Got Splitter in my camera four different times. He is already getting me excited for October. The buck with him in the one photo is a deer that I believe is his younger brother. The antler characteristics are very similar. I was able to ID six different bucks on this card pull, not a bad showing for June.

Attachments

• HUNT0255.jpg
    HUNT0255.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 92
  • HUNT0908.jpg
    HUNT0908.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 93
Placed a third camera today. While there I pulled the cards on my two other cameras to see the photos after a 6 day soak. I wanted to see the photos to see if I had the cameras angled right using xbowguys camera mount. My cameras are set at arms length in height so the downward angle is not that dramatic. Not much showed up this past week, I'm thinking they laid low in the heat. I did get Splitters brother paying a visit early this morning though.

Attachments

• HUNT2696.jpg
    HUNT2696.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 93

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Glad to see Splitter showing back up! I sure hope to see some pics with you posing behind him and holding that rack in October.

Big Weff

Athens
I have a quick question. How do you start threads? Id like to start one for my trail cam pics but can't figure out how. Haha.