Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer fraud claim

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You ain't a kiddin! Went over to AT to check it out in the bow hunter showcase forum and there is like 3-4 threads started about the same deer! It's like a hydra, it's growing extra heads! Lol

It's really sad that some people need the spot light and apparently will go to great lengths to keep it on them. Pretty entertaining if you have the time to read it all! Lol
Thanks for the info Ric, I checked that out and what a soap opera that is over at AT and talk about egg on the face for those Trophy Pursuit guys how embarrassing for them and am sure people will question their ethics from here on out just from this incident from one of their own even though they cut him loose. It is sad what lengths people will go to make a name for themselves in the hunting industry. We all enjoy big bucks but some guys just get so ate up with it they cant help themselves and really should just take a step back and realize it is just a deer, but the thrill of fame and a big payday is just too much for them. I am sure this wont be the last two idiots to fall into this same scenario.

themedic

OHIO
Thanks for the info Ric, I checked that out and what a soap opera that is over at AT and talk about egg on the face for those Trophy Pursuit guys how embarrassing for them and am sure people will question their ethics from here on out just from this incident from one of their own even though they cut him loose. It is sad what lengths people will go to make a name for themselves in the hunting industry. We all enjoy big bucks but some guys just get so ate up with it they cant help themselves and really should just take a step back and realize it is just a deer, but the thrill of fame and a big payday is just too much for them. I am sure this wont be the last two idiots to fall into this same scenario.

Public feed back has actually been very positive. Just as the entire AT nation was duped by Mr.Ohio Booners Chad Tefft, so was the Trophy Pursuit gang. I'm not sure how one individuals actions can define a group. But to each their own opinion

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Public feed back has actually been very positive. Just as the entire AT nation was duped by Mr.Ohio Booners Chad Tefft, so was the Trophy Pursuit gang. I'm not sure how one individuals actions can define a group. But to each their own opinion
Maybe a stronger vetting program would not put TP in such a lack luster postion. Merely a suggestion.

Ricer2231

That can be the bad or good thing about associating yourself with a "group". So many times when it's good it is very good but when it is bad it is horrid. So many times an entire group is brought into the bad light of a situation but that is a risk you take when joining that group. Look at all the innocent victims of the past OSU tattoo incident. That may not be the best example, and don't get me wrong there were bad apples in that barrel, but not every apple.
With the internet I just can't understand how any sane person could think they could pull anything like this off. If it is written down or a photo snapped of it there is no doubt that it will eventually show up somewhere.
In my honest opinion there will always be " guilty by association" conclusions and the only way to avoid being dragged in with it is to be a little more careful about which groups you choose to associate with. Just my .02.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Definetly a good move and a right move to separate themselves(TP) from OB(Chad) ASAP or as soon as it came to their attention. IMO, the were duped but they should have done a more thorough background check and not so much of his wall which turned out to be very deceitful.

Got a kick out of how a lot of OB fans(supporters,ego strokers) were ready to throw DB to the wolves after his thread intervention. I know he should have gone about it differently like a PM but dang! He was initially shredded till proof was posted and OB disappeared and deleted accounts and ran! Lol

Quite the fiasco no doubt! Lol

Corey, do you know if any of his 6 Boone bucks were FC or legal?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
A friend in TN sent me a pic of the big buck that was supposedly living in S Ohio yesterday. The story he had was that it was in Virginia but wasn't killed because he was hit by a car and the rack was damaged. Hehe. Good grief, the rumor mill is awesome.
If I ever stumble into a world class buck, I'm callin the WO before I ever move the thing.

themedic

OHIO
Definetly a good move and a right move to separate themselves(TP) from OB(Chad) ASAP or as soon as it came to their attention. IMO, the were duped but they should have done a more thorough background check and not so much of his wall which turned out to be very deceitful.

Got a kick out of how a lot of OB fans(supporters,ego strokers) were ready to throw DB to the wolves after his thread intervention. I know he should have gone about it differently like a PM but dang! He was initially shredded till proof was posted and OB disappeared and deleted accounts and ran! Lol

We no nothing above what has been posted on AT but looking back on things I should have known better. I thought Chris pulled Chad's association a little fast also, but when he didnt answer his phone, then blocked his phone number, then deleted his accounts...It was obvious Chad was on the run and that only meant one thing.

I'm convinced OG is real though and not HF.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana

Ric, the way I understand it is Dean did try pm messages and even ways to make him think about what he was doing without all of OB's past coming out. He could of just dropped it all but OB chose to keep going. Dean seems to be a good guy and hasn't gotten the apologies he should be getting... IMO

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
We no nothing above what has been posted on AT but looking back on things I should have known better. I thought Chris pulled Chad's association a little fast also, but when he didnt answer his phone, then blocked his phone number, then deleted his accounts...It was obvious Chad was on the run and that only meant one thing.

I'm convinced OG is real though and not HF.

I doubt he's a free range buck...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Guys "our" sport has not changed. It was/is/will always be about a hunter pitting his skill against a truly worthy and wild animal. What has change is the attitude of "hunters"! It has become for some ALL about the killing and not the hunt. What happened? IMHO the greed and almighty $$$$$$$ has clouded "some" folks thinking. Let's not condemn our sport because of a few. Again JMHO.

Amen to that. One of the reasons I plan on entering the season with a different attitude. Couldn't imagine trying to live up to the hype these "celebrities" attempt to live up to year after year after year. Give me a fair chase P&Y buck on my land over a farce any day!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

I doubt he's a free range buck...

I was under the impression that these sheds came from the Amish buck a few years ago and that Chad(OB)claimed to be after him as well.
I've yet to figure out or see proof that he SOG or OG does exist,still alive,HF or FR deer. Don't really care but just curious if its even in Ohio or not! Rotflmao

I read somewhere that its 235" and possibly from the DD ranch but I ain't digging back through that shit to find it! It's very entertaining reading the bickering amongst the AT faithful over stuff that may or may not be true. Then guys get bent over being attacked on a keyboard stroke and start bickering about various other dumb shit! It's quite the fiasco....lol

OS........I know what you mean! Lol

themedic

OHIO
My favorite highlights of the whole OB drama are:
1) some one saying that "OB just flat out knows how to kill big deer"
2) the term quiver sniffers
3) when someone called OB the " king of all douches" haha

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I guess I was wrong. Seems to be a legit wild deer. Sheds score 251 nt and 190 typ...

The sheds you posted above here are similar to the OG sheds but I believe are from the Amish buck from Adams county. They also say that had the OG sheds not had so many abnormal points deducted he'd have netted 220".

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang! I never tire of looking at big ole antlers! I'm of the camp that believes OG is a free ranging deer. Hope he falls to a deserving hunter under legal conditions. I bet if you put him up next to the Hanson buck there would be a big difference in size. IMO, even if you strip away the abs on this deer I think it clearly is a much bigger rack.