Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow Press, anyone got one?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Greg, mine is an Apple. I didn't have time to get pics for ya last night. Came home to no gas in the house. Some idiot hit a gas main with an auger and they had a bunch of us shut down. That meant no hot water, or stove. Luckily I have an electric unit on my furnace and switched it from gas to electric.

If you still need more pics I'll get some tonight.

Man, that really sucks, hope they get that fixed soon!

No big hurry on the pics, just whenever you get around to it. Does it have any issues pressing a parallel limb bow?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks for the pics Milo. I'm nervous to start doing my own work on my bow, but have confidence that I can do just as good a job as the shops around here do and then some. My only concern is tearing my bow up in the process. Anyone care to let me "tune" their bow first? :D

what the hell ya scared about? its not that hard really...the one thing i fugg up sometimes is remembering where to put the string on the cam....it just takes experience..really can screw it up...always and I mean always check your string and cam alignment when you let the bow down and be sure it rolls into the right groove and seats properly. you don't want it to slip off and cut a strand or two. Glad the pics cam through. I have a couple other ideas on a press that i may try one day . to answer your text question is there is virtually no chance of a bow coming out of an ez press. if you have good press fingers they lock right in there. work very well. My goal with mine was to make it completely adjustable to any bow and I feel i did that. i can press beyond parallel limb bows with mine too.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Greg, when I get the 2010 cams for my bow, you can tune it up if you want. ill be the guinnea pig for ya..

I am chaniging colors here soon too, going to black and grey insteadof black and blue...So ill be putting new cams and strings on and ill need a fluteman wrist sling...

I gotta sell my Athens Cams I have and my set of 28" Elite cams I have as well first..

Spothogg

Central Md
The guys at the local pro shops say Linear press's are nice but they are tough to do any kind off work on cams or cable/string. I built a linear press and removing the draw stops every time you want to do something a simple as putting a twist in your string or fix your peep rotation is a pain!!! If i had it to do over I would build an X press.

-Spot

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Well, looks like I may be better off passing on the linear press. It's not a big deal to remove my draw stops, but if I can press any type of bow on this setup, then I am better off with a x-press design/apple design.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Greg, build both...why not? i mean you can build both presses for around 250....and then you can pick and choose which one to use. I have some real mods I want to change about mine that may happen in the spring.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
That's an idea TOO. I had planned on incorporating the Drawboard and bow press into one. Then that would leave my workbench open for fletching and cresting arrows, an arrow saw and a bow vice.