Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Honda Pioneer 700

Hoytman62

I drove a Honda Pioneer 700 Honda today and I wasn't very impressed. It was too small for me for one thing and it shook pretty hard at idle. Also putting it in drive then reverse was hard to do. The salesman said that they all are that way, just the nature of it. It was a used one with only 15 hours on it. Said the people that bought it said it was too wide for their purpose. I am going to try a Yamaha Viking. What is anyone's thought on the Pioneer and any experience with the Yamaha Viking. Thanks!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I looked hard at the Big Red which was replaced with the Pioneer. When it comes to utility quads, Honda cannot be beat in my opinion. There are bigger ones, faster ones, etc., but for a 400-500cc utility quad used for honest utility purposes they hold up.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Whatever you do, check out sources like atv trader for the best prices and/or negotiating power. I had to laugh when I went into State 8 up in Cuyahoga Falls to look. The slick salesman was $500+ over their internet price. I found a dealer down south I like and will buy it there.