Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting ready a little early never hurts

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
So my BIL and I have been out a few times this week getting a few things ready for deer season. I bought a Moultrie Easy feeder, a Bushnell HD Trail Cam and a Barronett Grounder 350 blind. We went out and cleared a 20 x 20 area for the feeder, got it filled and tested it. We will be hunting turkey from this area as well so we will wait to activate the feeder until after Turkey season. Set up the new camera and ground blind. Hoping for a promising year. That's just the start. We also plan on moving our double ladder stand, might add another feeder as well. We have started a small mineral site in an area that seems to stay moist year round. Also got my Scent Smoker in the mail yesterday. Excited to try it out. Anybody else started getting their shit ready?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hell no, I left my stands up, don't run any feeders, and its turkey season. I won't go check my stands for safety issues until august.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never stops. Just slows down at times. Put out some minerals yesterday to freshen up an old site. Wish I had the time or they would have been done a few weeks ago. Swapped out a camera yesterday as well.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I try to do maintenance a little all year. Next is spraying Roundup then work up ground for plot planting. Then I need some brush cut. Build an new hunting tower and move a ladder stand.
Damn I better get started. I also have to run electric to my pole barn for my new man cave.