Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 Dead Bucks Found- Coyote Kills?

Blackbeard

Oak Hill, OH
Found these two dead bucks on my property while turkey hunting this week. Found the 10pt Tuesday and the 8pt today. Skeletons eat clean, most the hair still left on the skulls, and the skulls were still attached to the rest of the skeletons. Hard winter and coyotes must have got them. I had a few exciting run-ins with the 10pt and lots of photos from the last 4 years of him. He is more impressive in person than in the photo. He would have been a dandy in 2014. 2013 rack was main frame 10 with G4 broke off early in spring 2013. Main beam mass very good all the way out. Also had a 2 inch kicker off his left base. The 8pt would have been a nice buck in 2014 also. This really sucks.

Attachments

• Dead buck 04-22-14 3.jpg
    Dead buck 04-22-14 3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 140424_001.jpg
    140424_001.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 79

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That does suck! Make them look nice and hang em on the wall. Have you been getting a lot of yote pics on your cameras?

Damn, sure hate to hear about those like that. Sure would have been dandies in the years to come. After hearing your stories of coyotes this past fall I sure cannot help but wonder if they took those deer down on their own. Of course there's always the chance they got shot and found their way to your place but I'd say it was yotes. Looks like you need to learn how to do some snaring this year.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang shame but at least you know where they are now instead of hunting a couple ghosts. How far from each other were they and were they close to water? Could it have been EHD or wounded?