Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

O'Shaughnessy Reservoir

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I get the chance to go Bass Fishing at the O'Shaughnessy Reservoir this coming Monday with the Columbus Crew Soccer team as part of a Wounded Warrior Project Event as a Veteran. Has anyone ever fished here before? They are telling me that they will provide all equipment, but I don't think I will fish with there gear, I trust my gear so Ill be taking it with me. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Dustin

Jamie

Ohio
I've fished O'Shaugnessy some. for bass back in the day when I took bass fishing seriously, for saugey mostly the last few years. when water conditions are good, we catch fish. conditions will likely not be good by May 12. will probably still be a mudhole even if we don't see another drop of rain in the meantime. try and find rocky humps on the edge of the creek channel south of Home Rd. bridge. the hybrid striped bass ("wipers) will give you some thrills if you get on to a school of them. they are doing well in O'Shaugnessy.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Thanks for the heads up Jamie. Ive never caught wipers. Do you have a recommendation on bait, or just use the normal bait for bass fishing?

Jamie

Ohio
how did you fellows do on O'Shaugnessy yesterday? as it were, I wound up there myself, saw lots of Veterans license plates at the ramp. my buddy and I got 11 keeper Saugeye, caught a few more that didn't make the cut. fished for three hours to try and pick up that last one to get two limits, but it wasn't to be. fresh feesh for dinner tonight, though. :smile: I did catch one Largemouth on a Flicker Shad. he was 2" longer than the bait, lol.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Sorry for the late reply Jamie. That trip ended up being a bust. They canceled the event at 530 that morning b/c of the weather but didn't tell the vets. I drove 2 hours and there were still some boats waiting to see if we would show up. Ended up being a nice day. Didn't catch anything. They rescheduled for yesterday. I was the only one in my boat to catch anything. Ended up in 2nd place. The winning team had a 3 fish combined weight of 2 lbs 11 oz. My 1 fish weighed in at 2 lbs 6 oz. I caught him on a bleeding shad crank bait. It was a pretty cool event. The boat captains name was Chuck and the Columbus Crew soccer player that was with us is Mike Parkhurst. He is the only one from the team that went with the Mens Team to the World Cup.
IMG_292731009967275.jpeg