Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting help

Bigbuck92

Maine
Hey guys hope all is well, looking at coming down hunting and I'm having a hard time on deciding where is should hunt . Have the options of hunting a 250 acre lease in Morgan county . Or have the option of hunting with an outfitter guy up in licking county, and also have an option of hunting some property In meigs. Any help u guys could offer would be great.
Thanks steve

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Unless you want some killer weed, no need to go to Meigs! :smiley_carnaval:

Licking is a great county to hunt. As is Morgan. And Meigs has big deer as well. Hard to go wrong with any choice. If it were me, I'd hunt Licking with the outfitter. Shortens the learning curve and that is the best of the 3 in terms of big deer.

Bigbuck92

Maine
Also been looking at eastern Ontario outfitters , Dan Moreland very nice guy. He hunts land in meigs, Athens and Washington county I believe . Dan lusk another nice guy very honest. Just want a good experience for my son who is 11, not about me but more for him, just don't have thousands to drop. He's already up on me his first hunt ever he dropped two wicked good gobblers in one shot , and he shot a nice deer on youth day in Maine . Just big bucks are few and far between. I appreciate any help you all have to offer. If anyone ever draws a moose tag let me know . I know most zones. And we're to go. . Thanks again guys